Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya's New 4WD Off Road

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tamiya's New 4WD Off Road

Sounds like Tamiya is releasing a new electric 4wd off-road car in July(in Japan). 2 belts/tub chassi/enclosed belt drive train.
I am sure we'll hear more about it soon.
D.
Old 04-21-2003, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if Tamiya base it off there 414 it might be a good car. Just hope it not a toy like most of there stuff.
Old 04-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

Taz_S, do you have a link to a resource to backup your statements?
Old 04-21-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Jared Kirkwood
Taz_S, do you have a link to a resource to backup your statements?
Back up what statement, it is a fact that most of the RC stuff that Tamiya make are toys not true race cars. Now they are getting better with the TBIII, 414M and the F2001. So if they make their Off-road 4wd with that platform it might be a good car.

I would love to see pic of it but just have to wait to someone find the photo of the car.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

I would love to see pic of it but just have to wait to someone find the photo of the car. [/B]
I got this info. from Japanese Forum who runs by Tamiya Driver.
I'll keep an eye on it.
D.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by DoCoMo
I got this info. from Japanese Forum who runs by Tamiya Driver.
I'll keep an eye on it.
D.
thanks
Old 04-22-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Default Schumacher

Hey Taz_s I spend some time on the Schumacher forum and saw alot of posts from you. You really seemed into Schumacher cars, than I saw you were selling all your stuff. I was just wondering what happened? Do you not like Schumacher cars anymore or think their not as good as the current competition?
Old 04-22-2003, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up ...

I too have been seeing some info on this car but I haven't seen any pic's to this date yet.... ... Yokomo has some goodies in the works to..to replace the MR-4BC ...But it looks like it's basied of the MX-4
-Dave
Old 04-23-2003, 01:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taz_S
if Tamiya base it off there 414 it might be a good car. Just hope it not a toy like most of there stuff.
All they have to do is to build new set of long arms and matching universals (Tamiya figured out how to make CVD more reliable than the MIPs), longer wheelbase chassis (TB01 is actually about the proper length for 4WD buggy, I matched its chassis with my ZXR chassis and it is a match length per length), new shock towers from and rear, new wing mount and a slipper clutch mechanism. Top it off with one of the most beautiful buggy body they ever created (the likes of the egress and astute) and you will have a World Champion contender.

I was thinking of building one based on the TA04 and another with TB01 but I guess Tamiya beat me to it
Old 04-25-2003, 10:37 AM
Suspended

Can't wait till i see on.
Old 04-25-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Adept

I'm not sure if it'll be able to contend with the XXX-4, but if they base it off of the 414 MII, it probably could.
Old 04-27-2003, 12:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mr. chicken, whatever it is going to be based on, Tamiya will beat XXX-4. Please remember that Tamiya's roots was in Offroad not Onroad. They never made any good onroad cars that were competitive enough until they discovered Touring Car class with the TA01 which were further evolutionized when they made the 414X series including the MII, but in the beginning, their focus was to win the world offroad championship up until the Top Force series which never lifted up to Tamiya's expectation. Let's just say Tamiya never knew then the importance of slipper clutch and wide array of gear ratios on an offroad car. Ever since they discovered how good their carbon graphite composite chassis (TA04 optional chassis) and how explosive their 414X series are on the touring circuit, they now, I believe, restarted the whole OffRoad program again. I guess winning the World Championship really boosted Tamiya intent on building better cars (e.g: TB EVO III) or copying a car that is already in the market and building it THEIR way (e.g: TC3 = TB EVO III and RS4 Pro2 = 414X/M/MII).

I just remembered something. This 4wd project isn't new. The 414 program in the beginning was split into two. One for Touring and another for off road. The offroad unfortunately never took off and Tamiya dropped the program entirely by pouring everything into 414X TC car project. I used to buy Japanese RC magazine back the in the days and the chassis looked like of the 414X with its double deck CF chassis and dual belt system except it is with offroad geometry & suspension arms.

I supposed Tamiya's theme for the TRF this year is "back to the roots" being that TB EVO III is traditionally shaft driven like most of original Tamiya 4WD'ers were shaft driven except for TA03 series and TA04/414 series.

You know what I wished for? That Tamiya will bring back their hi-po 2WD buggies which ended with the Dyna Storm alongside this new hi-po 4wd buggy.
Old 04-27-2003, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taz_S
Some japanese guy actually have built buggies out of the TB EVO series. I got this from his site...
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya's New 4WD Off Road-p5190046.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 04:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default cool

that looks pretty cool
Old 04-28-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Schumacher

Originally posted by midnight oil
Hey Taz_s I spend some time on the Schumacher forum and saw alot of posts from you. You really seemed into Schumacher cars, than I saw you were selling all your stuff. I was just wondering what happened? Do you not like Schumacher cars anymore or think their not as good as the current competition?
Did not suit my driving style so i sold them off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.