Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2007 IFMAR 1/10th Offroad Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Its been years since I have gave a crap about offroad.. but MAN i am addicted to this thread.

Charlie, keep up the good work~~~~ pics pics pics...

All these different Mfrs making cars... just gets me all amped up.

Just ordered my CR and am calling it now, doing off road this season, instead of on road!!

KB
Old 09-10-2007, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Velvet Jones
.... Call me crazy, but if there is no ATM's, there's no money. …

Japan – no money?
Old 09-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great pictures Charlie. We all enjoyed looking at them.
Dakotah can't believe you're a Godzilla fan too!
Good Luck to you and keep up the great coverage!!
Old 09-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

I sent off a couple more Pics to our good buddy doug.

Round is about over, everyone is looking much better then yesterday. Fella's is still marshalling like the track isn't a ice rink, and almost ate it about 3 times.

Truhe and Fisher came off the track fully operational as did just about everyone else.

The surface is super soft so when guys "nose in" they make a large divot with a "lid". I'll try to get a pic, my camera is pretty hurting though. There is a short strait to a ski jump that lands in front of the sweeper, I'm guessing this will get fairly trecherous by the end of the day today.

There's a triple in the center of the track, you DO NOT want to crash there, seems noone can triple it consistently and the Single/Double is the safest but not fastest way. If you crash in the middle of, the marshal on either side has to climb a very slippery slope to get up to the car. I suggested providing a broom handle so they can just flip the cars over. Kenny B is taking that suggestion to the officials.

I can't get over this scenery, It's so nice up here. You can sit anyplace and just look out and see green mountains and clear skys.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Charlie
Yeah, me too. We're kind of in a remote area... racing remote controlled cars.....

But up on the Mountain top here, supplies and establishments are fairly limited. I've been trying to get a ride down the mountain for a day now, need to find an ATM that will take my card
This is what I was talking about.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

next round of pics are on their way to Mr. Hay.

If anyone knows how to make it so I can post them myself, I'm happy to. The connection here is good, just when I click the paperclip on my screen here nothing happens.

First round just started, truhe had a clean run. But only race 3 up now. I'll try to get results after the round, but typically I never do....
Old 09-10-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

The ATM is about 20-30 minutes down the hill at the post office. It works fine and if we had rented a car I could get down no problem. But we didn't so I can't.

Hopefully Team Ireland takes me to it again today...
Old 09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Charlie thanks for all the updates any word on how the Proto-type Serpents are doing??

Thanks Bryan
Old 09-10-2007, 06:24 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Charlie
next round of pics are on their way to Mr. Hay.

If anyone knows how to make it so I can post them myself, I'm happy to. The connection here is good, just when I click the paperclip on my screen here nothing happens.
Sup Charlie...Make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker, then click on manage attachments. Click browse and it should ask which folder to look....
Old 09-10-2007, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
Sup Charlie...Make sure you don't have a pop-up blocker, then click on manage attachments. Click browse and it should ask which folder to look....
That and change the setting in the camera to a lower resolution. There's a file size limit on here...I think it's 200-something Kb...otherwise, you have to play with the file in another program to make it small enough.

Keep it up, though! It's fun hearing about all the mud drama. Sounds like Revelations.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

I did all of that. I can resize them in Painbrush fine, but it just won't do anything.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Anyone that can send an Email to [email protected] can I'll send them over to you as well. I'm sure doug is busy, and perhaps its getting late over there now.

1st round is almost over. I'll try to get standings.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

the clay seems similar to my place but since its a covered track i dont have to worry about it staying muddy lol. if anyone can find out what the track content is i'd appreciate it.

there's a video posted on the oople/associatedlive.com site of a 4wd trying to take lap. break out the narrow rims and make those fronts like pizza cutters. works most times.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Charlie.....E-mail sent
Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13220330@N06/?saved=1

Here you go. I love the internet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.