R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 09-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #226
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I thought Trinity was sending you Jesse.

Team Associated, Reedy, LRP, Proline, Winning Edge Designs, Byrons Fuel, AVID Bearings, TFR Racing. ***Team Associated Region 10 Administrator***

Last edited by Scott S.; 09-06-2007 at 09:17 PM.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:05 PM   #227
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Hodapp Send a message via Yahoo to Hodapp

They might still be called "Team Losi" but it is not even close to what the "real" Team Losi was all about.

I am sad for you Jesse.
Hodapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #228
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
I know the USA guys can do it.

But after attending 7 Off Road World Champs I have seen my fair share of political B.S. and all that stuff mentioned above has happened before so why not again. I hope that is not the case.

I still think races of this magnitude should take place in hugely populated areas where it gets exposed to people who have no clue about RC racing.

One of the biggest reasons why I stopped racing is because I kept finding myself sitting in the pits at these big races, looking around and seeing mostly the same faces with hardly any new faces and fewer entries all together. Not to mention 99% of the spectators at all the races I was attending were all people who were part of the event.

Anyway!.........Go Team USA!!!!!!!!!
It's a catch 22. I used to be a Pro Downhill Mountain Bike Racer and it was very similar in situation. But to have the race at a big spectator/media friendly venue and promote it costs waaaaay to much money and the reality is that these are grown men playing with toy cars. As much as we want it, the rest of the masses could really give a rats azz about it. And that means no return on investment and no big outside sponsors to fund the events. That is why it is a hobby and not a sport.

I bet there are some very fast "local" Japanese drivers who never travel to any other races that will be in the mix there as well....

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlobbaTech View Post
I'll put it this way.....Dale Earnhardt Jr. (sp?) will still be racing until his current contract expires before he moves on elsewhere, which is how it should be done. Whereas apparently Team Losi Racing (as they're now called) doesn't follow the same mentality/logic.
Man I feel so bad for you, not only are you nice, but you help A LOT of people multiple times throughout the day on here and bk2.com. Iíve asked you a ton of stuff over and over and you and Waldron are easily some of the best company reps I've seen.

Itís a f*@*$)ing pitty they arenít sending on of their best ambassadors and racers.

If I had enough cash lying around Id send you in a heartbeat, and Im not just saying that, I feel that people who do good should be rewarded and well you AREN'T!
Old 09-06-2007, 01:07 PM   #230
Tech Regular

If it was just a hobby there would not be pro drivers.

How long have you been racing RC cars? You sound new.

People have different views of what is a sport. I mean, look at poker. It is all over ESPN and I happen to know that RC is much more of a sport than that.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:24 PM   #231
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Quote:
If it was just a hobby there would not be pro drivers.

How long have you been racing RC cars? You sound new.

People have different views of what is a sport. I mean, look at poker. It is all over ESPN and I happen to know that RC is much more of a sport than that.
Just because people get paid to do it does not make it a sport....it's all marketing.

I have been in R/C since 1984. Racing RC cars since 1985 and was even at the 1991 Worlds in Detroit.

Poker is a card game and not a sport...again just because it is on TV and people make money at it does not qualify it as a sport.

Whether you want to debate if R/C is a sport or a Hobby doesn't really matter.

What matters is you want R/C to "Blow Up" to the masses and it is just not going to happen. You need sponsors outside of the industry and those sponsors would rather dump their money into mainstream sports and not fringe hobbies (or sports if you will). It is the reality. R/C has always been a fringe hobby and the interest outside of the industry is just not there.

.:Team Orion : JConcepts : B-Fast RC:.

Last edited by johnnyboy; 09-06-2007 at 01:35 PM.
johnnyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM   #232
Tech Regular

LOL

Well my point is..........it doesn't have to be physically demanding to be a sport. They are competing against each other and it is a sport. PERIOD!!!

Its as much of a sport as Mountain Biking, Poker, Big Game Hunting and Chess.
Old 09-06-2007, 01:45 PM   #233
Tech Regular

ANYWAY!!!!

Im not saying it could blow up like F1. I am just saying with a little effort it could be a lot more than it is now. At least get it back to the way it was 15 years ago. That would be a good start and then go from there.

Scotty Ernst is on the right track with the IIC. We need more people with visions and dreams like his.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:46 PM   #234
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlobbaTech View Post
I'll put it this way.....Dale Earnhardt Jr. (sp?) will still be racing until his current contract expires before he moves on elsewhere, which is how it should be done. Whereas apparently Team Losi Racing (as they're now called) doesn't follow the same mentality/logic.
You need to put in a call to Joel Johnson at Kyosho.
foolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #235
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
ANYWAY!!!!

Im not saying it could blow up like F1. I am just saying with a little effort it could be a lot more than it is now. At least get it back to the way it was 15 years ago. That would be a good start and then go from there.

Scotty Ernst is on the right track with the IIC. We need more people with visions and dreams like his.
you can have dreams and visions all you want, and still not going to do anything.

he just one person who acted on one of his ideas and it worked.

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 03:56 PM   #236
Tech Regular

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You said it.............he is just one person. Sure would be nice to see others follow his lead.
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #237
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

USA

Last edited by Doug D; 09-06-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 PM   #238
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

GO TEAM USA!
Doug D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM   #239
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would like to see big R/C events televised, I mean if they can put speed cup stacking on ESPN why cant they put R/C car racing on?
Old 09-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #240
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy View Post
It's a catch 22. I used to be a Pro Downhill Mountain Bike Racer and it was very similar in situation. But to have the race at a big spectator/media friendly venue and promote it costs waaaaay to much money and the reality is that these are grown men playing with toy cars. As much as we want it, the rest of the masses could really give a rats azz about it. And that means no return on investment and no big outside sponsors to fund the events. That is why it is a hobby and not a sport.

I bet there are some very fast "local" Japanese drivers who never travel to any other races that will be in the mix there as well....
TOY CARS !!!! We are man and machine pitted against eachother to do ultimate battle........ from a wooden stand !

lol no but seriously it is a sport above a hobby, This is the ifmar worlds thread !!! I feel to some there is a hobby aspect but for those who love to compete its a sport.

I really feel if rc races were televised like once or twice on like FUEL TV with some good info on how to get started and maybe somehow advertise these local tracks the sport would be more emphasized.