R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Predator X10 & X11

Predator series fit in bump track race ?
& which parts easy broke ?
how to setup ?

Thanks!
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Go to www.the-pred.co.uk for good info on this line of cars. This is a Predator specific site, so you will be able to get the best on hands info and support from their forums. The car is not ideal for bumpy/large jump tracks, it works best on smoother tracks with small jumps!
WailinOnYa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by WailinOnYa View Post
Go to www.the-pred.co.uk for good info on this line of cars. This is a Predator specific site, so you will be able to get the best on hands info and support from their forums. The car is not ideal for bumpy/large jump tracks, it works best on smoother tracks with small jumps!
this track ok ?
Attached Thumbnails
Predator X10 & X11-trc-1.jpg   Predator X10 & X11-trc-2.jpg   Predator X10 & X11-trc-3.jpg  
Old 07-25-2007, 02:46 AM   #4
Tech Regular

The jumps on that track don't look too bad, they are on the smaller side. I would suggest you see if anyone at your track has a Predator and if they would be willing to allow you to run it for a few laps. It would be best if you got a chance to run one, to see if you like the way they handle. They can deffinately be fast cars but their handling characteristics are not nearly as forgiving as many other makes of cars. In my opinion the Predator line of cars demand very consistent drivers to show their potential. When these cars show setup problems they can make you want to pull out your hair! If this is your first time running four wheel, I would actually suggest another car. Even though the track in the pics shouldn't be much of a prob, the question is how often do they change the layout and do they ever run larger jumps? It seems abnormal to worry about large jumps so much, but if you ever had the chance to run one of these cars with large jumps you would understand why I make this statement. They have a major tendency to pan out on even average size jumps, large jumps will make them slap so hard that the car has a tendency to bounce and lose control. This is why I suggest a very consistent driver with good control, on large jumps you need to be spot on and land the car consistently on the down slope so it will land smooth with less bottoming.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:53 AM   #5
Tech Champion

Quote:
The jumps on that track don't look too bad, they are on the smaller side. I would suggest you see if anyone at your track has a Predator and if they would be willing to allow you to run it for a few laps. It would be best if you got a chance to run one, to see if you like the way they handle. They can deffinately be fast cars but their handling characteristics are not nearly as forgiving as many other makes of cars. In my opinion the Predator line of cars demand very consistent drivers to show their potential. When these cars show setup problems they can make you want to pull out your hair! If this is your first time running four wheel, I would actually suggest another car. Even though the track in the pics shouldn't be much of a prob, the question is how often do they change the layout and do they ever run larger jumps? It seems abnormal to worry about large jumps so much, but if you ever had the chance to run one of these cars with large jumps you would understand why I make this statement. They have a major tendency to pan out on even average size jumps, large jumps will make them slap so hard that the car has a tendency to bounce and lose control. This is why I suggest a very consistent driver with good control, on large jumps you need to be spot on and land the car consistently on the down slope so it will land smooth with less bottoming.
Thanks reply & many note !
do you know X11 what time onsale ?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #6
Tech Regular

I believe it was supposed to be out by the end of this month, but looks like it's going to go into at least August some time. I see they have some of the X11 upgrde parts for the X10 now available, they have pics of them on the Pred site. I would imagine if most of the upgrade parts are out the car shouldn't be too far along.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:03 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
how to setup ?
Here you will get some informations about adjusting the chassis to a track http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4621

It say petitrc on the link but oople on the page. I gust this page belong to the last one but couldn't find it straight.
Arn0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #8
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arn0 View Post
Here you will get some informations about adjusting the chassis to a track http://www.petitrc.com/view_news.php?id=4621

It say petitrc on the link but oople on the page. I gust this page belong to the last one but couldn't find it straight.
Thankyou !
Old 07-26-2007, 07:33 AM   #9
Tech Champion

Quote:
I believe it was supposed to be out by the end of this month, but looks like it's going to go into at least August some time. I see they have some of the X11 upgrde parts for the X10 now available, they have pics of them on the Pred site. I would imagine if most of the upgrade parts are out the car shouldn't be too far along.
ok wait to next month !
Old 08-10-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
Tech Apprentice

hi all got pred x10 for sale.

its in the for sale forum bit.

jordan
jordys jrxs is offline   Reply With Quote