R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-04-2007, 05:32 AM   #16
Tech Master

This track appears to be a temporary track on a golf course!

I liked the looks of the track till I seen this picture.....I don't know, looks pretty juicy!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:49 AM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremelimits285 View Post

we have better weither, an thats why eeryone comes to america for dirtbike racing/mx-sx/ and rc racing

and since we growup around nice tracks we have the best sx-mx racers, bubba, rickey, and M.C. mcgrath...the list keeps going...

i have been out of motocross for a few years now but last i looked the europeans friggin smoke the US motocross racers.our guys are awesome over here but at any of the world events we are lucky to get 1 guy in the top 10.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:11 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Jan Larsen

Thats because racing on grass is much tougher than racing in dirt. I know, I've done it myself. That said, you dont wish to race on grass, it sucks. Dirt is the only way to go and much more fun. On grass the car reacts like a touring car with the immidiate risk of traction rolling.

Grass tracks is very popular over here due to the bad weather making it difficult to maintain a proper dirt track. Grass just needs to be cut every now and then.
Jan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:11 AM   #19
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Larsen View Post
Thats because racing on grass is much tougher than racing in dirt. I know, I've done it myself. That said, you dont wish to race on grass, it sucks. Dirt is the only way to go and much more fun. On grass the car reacts like a touring car with the immidiate risk of traction rolling.

Grass tracks is very popular over here due to the bad weather making it difficult to maintain a proper dirt track. Grass just needs to be cut every now and then.
Traction rolling is a problem but it will make you a better and more versitle* driver in the end.
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:56 AM   #20
Tech Elite

grass has tendency to die when you run on it :P. especially if its weekly like many of us race here in the states. It really depends on where you are at and the grass that will grow in there. you need short tough grass to race on. i dont recall florida having much of that. its usually st augustine which is not dense enough and will die if ya cut it short enough to race on. places where it gets cold and freezes have grass thats tougher and might stand up to the abuse.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesnMeyer View Post
looks like a lot of fun Most of there tracks are part grass, part dirt, some wood, and turff. The grass that is there is in patches and jmps ares till covered with turff. There is a track in the UK were they tried to replicate an American track as far as jumps and other tech parts go. The track is all brown but no dirt.

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/telfo...ord2wd091.html
That picture was taken at the last round of our nationals in September last year, the track started as 100% grass but we had heavy rain for about 2 hours on the 2wd event on Saturday, but the 4wd event on the Sunday was dry and fine.

Tyre wear is as expensive as you want it to be, you can usually do 3-4 runs on 1 set of tyres or you can use new every run.

There is a huge range of different types of tracks that we run on that you can see at www.oople.com
tyreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:24 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

We sure have it good here as the weather permits a veriaty of track types. I really admire your spirit to race under some really bad conditions.

We seem to be spoiled here in the states and dont realize how good we really have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
That picture was taken at the last round of our nationals in September last year, the track started as 100% grass but we had heavy rain for about 2 hours on the 2wd event on Saturday, but the 4wd event on the Sunday was dry and fine.

Tyre wear is as expensive as you want it to be, you can usually do 3-4 runs on 1 set of tyres or you can use new every run.

There is a huge range of different types of tracks that we run on that you can see at www.oople.com
Old 07-05-2007, 02:59 AM   #23
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd

Honestly dirt tracks are the way to go.Sometimes even cleaner than grass plus the car doesn't seem to get bogged down in the grass
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #24
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
i have been out of motocross for a few years now but last i looked the europeans friggin smoke the US motocross racers.our guys are awesome over here but at any of the world events we are lucky to get 1 guy in the top 10.

yes you've been out of motocross awhile, look at the past few des nations results, and the fastest guy in the world is retiring in his prime, RC #4.
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:18 PM   #25
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hmm,so how many US riders were in the top 10? i guess things are changing.i raced and followed motocross for 20 + years and the long while we got stomped by the europeans.nice to see it changing up a little.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I kind of like the looks of this even better then the outdoor grass racing. Offroad cars racing on 3-4 different surfaces inside of a gymnasium.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
DG Designs, Team Scream, TQ Wire
Dave G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #27
Tech Addict

Wacky stuff. What are the lane widths? Like 4 feet?
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #28
Tech Rookie

ha that was pretty cool..i mean if you lived in a place where it rained alot and had a indoor place like that..sweet
traxxasmaxx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 06:37 PM   #29
Tech Addict

That's winter for you - the outdoor track is usually in a fairly poor state in winter so we run in the sports hall.
oople is offline   Reply With Quote