R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 07-04-2007, 11:31 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intotheblade View Post
Eh enough of the "blah blah copy that blah blah" crap. Why do we always a small immature crowd that tends to bash on every new car that comes out and claims it's a clone of another. This happens in every single thread. If you really know a damn thing about what makes an RC vehicle what it is, you wouldn't even open your mouth and utter such a stupid comment. When I looked at that car, I didn't see a BJ4. So you look at it, and see that the layout is mid-motor carbon fiber, and you automatically think...Bj4. Ever seen the KM conversion, D4, durango, and even the 501? Same concept, same layout, different cars. Learn about the damn hobby before you start trashing here. And please...don't try to flame me. It only makes you look even more immature.

Btw, a beautiful car. Definitely resembles the Academy V2. And I'm sure it's a conversion, since everything on it appears to be straight out of the V2. I doubt MRC Academy would give them rights to make a carbon copy of their car, with mid-motor layout.
Props for a beautiful Rant. man.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:32 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Eh enough of the "blah blah copy that blah blah" crap. Why do we always a small immature crowd that tends to bash on every new car that comes out and claims it's a clone of another. This happens in every single thread. If you really know a damn thing about what makes an RC vehicle what it is, you wouldn't even open your mouth and utter such a stupid comment. When I looked at that car, I didn't see a BJ4. So you look at it, and see that the layout is mid-motor carbon fiber, and you automatically think...Bj4. Ever seen the KM conversion, D4, durango, and even the 501? Same concept, same layout, different cars. Learn about the damn hobby before you start trashing here. And please...don't try to flame me. It only makes you look even more immature.

Btw, a beautiful car. Definitely resembles the Academy V2. And I'm sure it's a conversion, since everything on it appears to be straight out of the V2. I doubt MRC Academy would give them rights to make a carbon copy of their car, with mid-motor layout.
Well said...cheers.
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Thank you. ^_^
Intotheblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

Nice rant.....but I said "From A Glance", I did not say it was an exact copy. One of the nicest cars i've seen is the 501X as far as workmanship goes.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 AM   #20
Tech Adept

I have seen it in Korea National Champ few days ago.

Not only Team ART X1 looks great, but also it works really great.

Send us your RC news to us [email protected]
rcforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 AM   #21
Tech Adept

This image shots are from Team ART prototype 4WD buggy X1. The final production will be different from the images. We have heard that Team ART kit will be ready for IFMAR this coming SEP in Japan, and their team drivers will participate IFMAR with Team ART X1.

More Information will be updated.

Source:
http://teamartracing.com/
http://rcforum.co.kr/news/entry/New-...-Prototype-kit

Send us your RC news to us [email protected]
rcforum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 07:21 AM   #22
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcforum View Post

This image shots are from Team ART prototype 4WD buggy X1. The final production will be different from the images. We have heard that Team ART kit will be ready for IFMAR this coming SEP in Japan, and their team drivers will participate IFMAR with Team ART X1.

More Information will be updated.

Source:
http://teamartracing.com/
http://rcforum.co.kr/news/entry/New-...-Prototype-kit

Looks really good...So will the Team ART kit be a conversion kit for the SB V2 Pro or a full kit? Cheers

I'm neither a Mod nor a Rocker. I'm a Mocker.

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon CR2 LWB | Darth Tray | Losi 8IGHT 2.0-E | Tamiya TRF801X-E
Funkymojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:02 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Looks like an Academy spur...but it is black? I have only seen neon green ones.
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 10:48 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that does look good...but a pity about the sh*t shocks
Ryper Hobbies
memyselfandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 05:41 PM   #25
Tech Regular

I think they were just trying to show off the Conversion with mid-motor layout. Probably explains why they didn't care about the rest of the car...like the shocks. Otherwise, if this was a presentation of the ACTUAL car, they would probably try to embellish it with goodies. Doesn't make sense to show off the new generation of advance 4wd buggy technology...and use non-threaded stock shocks. lol
Old 07-06-2007, 05:44 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to OldSkool

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandI View Post
that does look good...but a pity about the sh*t shocks
It's ok Toddles, you can get the shocks sorted.

You have just got to do some trimming.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:35 PM   #27
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

Honestly, the Academy shocks are pretty smooth, better than any AE shock I have assembled. And if you have had any of there sedans, those shocks are threaded and are butter too. I don't know why they didn't do that on the offroad vehicles, hopefully they do on the 2wd buggy and who knows, maybe the next iteration of the SB V2 will be this kind of setup, sort of like how the BJ4 went to BJ4WE.

I like the color of the parts too, though, I would like to just see them match the neon spurs for something to really stand out!
Old 07-11-2007, 01:31 PM   #28
Tech Regular

Any news on the release dates of this bad boy?
Old 07-12-2007, 09:25 AM   #29
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I would like to know how well it performs versus the standard SB setup. Just hope it doesn't price itself really up there.