R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-30-2007, 03:57 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well all I can say is bring on the worlds fellas!!!
Ryper Hobbies
memyselfandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:20 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTH View Post
Its amazing the BJ4-WE hasn't been mentioned... Its only dominated the 4WD racing scene the last couple of years earning it an IFMAR World Championship, 3 ROAR National Titles (2 in Mod and 1 in Stock), and countless other Huge wins!

No doubt it is a 4WD that should be considered if one is serious about Racing
Ryan Cavalieri can win with anything. Yeah the buggy is good, but give HIM the credit. He beat anybody with anything.
At my local track the car is BJ4 is modest. They don't look tlike they handle to good and have their share of dnf's. Maybe it's the drivers? I dunno. My track is blown out and rutted and XX4's are dominent. They just seem to handle the rough stuff best. You could see it. Although last time tq was held by a XXX4. Just goes to show it's the man behind the wheel that's the major diffrence. You could tell he had a hell of a time though. He had to wheel that car big time.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:49 AM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell View Post
I would suggest getting a used 2wd buggy or truck before dropping coin on a wheeler. I think no matter what you choose 4wd, you will have to order most parts online or through a lhs. The only wheelers I have ran are the xx4 and xxx4. I think the xx4 was the better car for most conditions. If you want to keep brand loyal, the D4 HB wheeler is gonna be in the states soon. The bj4 has been the mainstay of late, and most things I have read say jconcepts supports the car very well. I mayself am considering either the x5 or kyosho.
Billy the D4 HB car is out right now. Jermey Felles is driving it and he's not on hotbodies so it should be out for the public .

and yes 4wd is very expensive and they break more often than a 2wd. I would start with 2wd buggy, truck before you do get a 4wd, just my opinion.

Mitch
Mitch P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 05:58 AM   #19
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhodd View Post
Yea the bj4 is such a great car with plenty of backup in the us.At the moment you can't go past it.the next best option is to buy the bj4D4 well really the same thing.
what hot bodies did was copie associated. I read on another thread that hot bodies was ordering worlds conversion kits that is why they have the sattle pack chassie, they ordered arms, chassies, shock towers alot of the stuff and I guess they based there car of the BJ4 cause there really is no difference in the features of the car.

Mitch
Old 06-30-2007, 06:02 AM   #20
Tech Master

another great car is the Tamiya 501x 4wd. that thing is bad. the bodie isint half bad either.

kind of like a beefier version of the BJ4 .

Mitch
Old 06-30-2007, 07:38 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Academy SB is a great choice for you. If you're like me, whom isn't willing to bankrupt myself over an RC car, then the SB is for you. They are cheaper than everything mentioned above (i'd say 80-150, $150-200 for pro). I owned both th SB and the Pro. IN all honesty, there were no real differences. Obviously the CF chassis is better. But the FRP chassis was nearly as good. It's a 4wd shaft driven buggy, that handls extremely well, and is unbreakable. Not to mention, it has a simple, yet sexy looking body. My 2nd choice would be to get a TC3"O". I know I'm going to get flame for this. But it's a neat little car that chances are, no one at the track will have but you. Just really an attention grabbing thing. Performance wise, I can't say much about it, but it's definitely something that's going to be rare and collectible in the future, and will provoke discussions.
Intotheblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:53 AM   #22
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd

That would explain why the d4 is so much like the bj4.I guess it makes sense to copy something that works
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:56 AM   #23
Tech Master

that is why I reckon the lazer is the buggy to watch
Ryper Hobbies

Last edited by memyselfandI; 06-30-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:22 AM   #24
Tech Master

huh
Old 06-30-2007, 11:24 AM   #25
Tech Master

stupid mistell...lol
Ryper Hobbies
Old 06-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #26
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandI View Post
that is why I reckon the lazer is the buggy to watch
oh yeah its definitlu on to watch.

the new X-5 squared is also one to look out for.

Mitch
Old 06-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #27
Tech Master

Quote:
That would explain why the d4 is so much like the bj4.I guess it makes sense to copy something that works
yes it does but soon all the 4wd cars are going to use sattle packs. better weight distrubution and better balencing.

Mitch
Old 06-30-2007, 10:38 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch P. View Post
yes it does but soon all the 4wd cars are going to use sattle packs. better weight distrubution and better balencing.

Mitch

Wouldnt have anything to do with something going directly through the middle of the car would it?

Im guessing theyd like to use stick packs if they could get it to work.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 PM   #29
Tech Master

Default cars

4wd has evolved over time .once upon a time there were really no shaft cars just all belt but now shaft is in everywhere.It will be the same with the batteries formation on the shassis
Old 07-01-2007, 01:25 AM   #30
Tech Master

Quote:
4wd has evolved over time .once upon a time there were really no shaft cars just all belt but now shaft is in everywhere.It will be the same with the batteries formation on the shassis
what is a shassis????
Ryper Hobbies