Radioshack Hummer problems

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TahoeDust

Radioshack Hummer problems

Old 06-26-2007, 12:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Radioshack Hummer problems

I recently had a Radioshack Hummer given to me by a buddy of mine. It works great it is 4wd with thr option of 2 or 4 wheel steering. there is one problem with it. That is when I drive it it does not want to turn right, when not moving the right wheel is slanted in and other one is straight. Anyone know what this could be? I will post some pictures.

Radioshack Hummer problems-p1010012.jpg
Old 06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

something broke...

go to your local hobby shop and look if they have used sales for higher end off road vehicles... you'll have some better luck with durability.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you for your reply I have it completely apart and I see nothing that i can see that is broken, could it me that the servo arm is bent? I also have a 1/10 nitro buggy on its way, but I was thinking of selling all my electric cars but I don't want to rip someone off by selling something that is broken.

Last edited by GamerKid; 06-27-2007 at 01:01 AM.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GamerKid
Thank you for your reply I have it completely apart and I see nothing that i can see that is broken, could it me that the servo arm is bent? I also have a 1/10 nitro buggy on its way, but I was thinking of selling all my electric cars but I don't want to rip someone off by selling something that is not performing at its top.
ROFL
Old 06-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I didnt even know theres servos in radio shack cars.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Elite

um... well...

selling a Radio Shack car....

well....

like I said.. go to your local hobby shop and talk to the guys that work there.... really.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
um... well...

selling a Radio Shack car....

well....

like I said.. go to your local hobby shop and talk to the guys that work there.... really.
LMAO
Old 01-24-2020, 04:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Well

In his defense I have the lower model, 2 wheel steering H2 hummer. And about a year ago I had a buddy buy a 1/16 2wd Traxxas something, of course he talked highly of his $200-$300 investment. It was at that point a bet was made and the Hummer was drug out from storage. Damn wheels had flat spots 😂
But I equipped it with a 20v black an decker decker drill motor, and a 18v Ryobi battery pack only info I have of the 2 mods. Throttle is all or nothing, didn't for see the motor break either. But after only loosing the race by a measly c*nt hair, I'd say it's a nice little "Toy" grade freebie. After I reposition and set up for this massive 27 or 28t sprocket it may keep the front down, and have a little extra top end next race. Currently has a 21t gear mounted on motor.

Last edited by Hypedude; 01-24-2020 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Weird link was posted in title 🤷
Old 01-24-2020, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hypedude
In his defense I have the lower model, 2 wheel steering H2 hummer. And about a year ago I had a buddy buy a 1/16 2wd Traxxas something, of course he talked highly of his $200-$300 investment. It was at that point a bet was made and the Hummer was drug out from storage. Damn wheels had flat spots 😂
But I equipped it with a 20v black an decker decker drill motor, and a 18v Ryobi battery pack only info I have of the 2 mods. Throttle is all or nothing, didn't for see the motor break either. But after only loosing the race by a measly c*nt hair, I'd say it's a nice little "Toy" grade freebie. After I reposition and set up for this massive 27 or 28t sprocket it may keep the front down, and have a little extra top end next race. Currently has a 21t gear mounted on motor.
This is a 13yo thread about radio shack rc cars. That's a serious bump.
awymorePDX likes this.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I hope he eventually got it fixed though...