R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mamba systems are very nice, they don't thermal, don't need a fan and their programming software is nice too.
teabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:44 AM   #17
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to yuk17bandit
Default novak

stay away from LRP , I have owned 2 of them and have had problems with both of them, when you try to get some customer service from them , they will tell you it was your fault, and it was something you did to make it not work.. I guess LRP Brushless ESC's were not meant to be taking out of the box. Iím not saying they all don't work but from what Iíve seen , about 2 out of every 5 actually works .
Novak on the other hand,
I used to long of motor screws and screwed up 2 motors and an esc before I realized I was a D/A. I called Novak and told them it was my fault that I was burning up electronicsí , they told me "it happens" charged me 60.00 shipping included, to fix 2 motors and replaced my esc for free. I had it all back in less than 2 weeks.
Novak has a customer for life now.
JMO
Brian
yuk17bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I must be one lucky guy because all 5 of the LRP speedos I've bought have worked flawlessly and I'm really loving my new 2007 Sphere Comp.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

has anyone run a neo 1 (13turn) and or a novak 13.5 and can you tell which one performs better? I would like to here from some one that has tried them both, or has one and raced against the other. If you know how they work in 4 cell that would be best! I don't care if you think blue is better then orange or orange is better then blue, just the facts please.Thanks
lavaandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:35 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All I have ever owned is LRP.
Solder, Re-solder, Triple solder.
I have run modified, over heated, beat up, changed to fresh wires at least 4 times on mine and still working to this day!
Thats the reason I just bought a 2007 Sphere Comp.
scoobydo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavaandy View Post
has anyone run a neo 1 (13turn) and or a novak 13.5 and can you tell which one performs better? I would like to here from some one that has tried them both, or has one and raced against the other. If you know how they work in 4 cell that would be best! I don't care if you think blue is better then orange or orange is better then blue, just the facts please.Thanks
The neo 1* is actually an 8.5 (mod) so it's not really comparable to the Novak 13.5 ("stock" BL)...Orion and LRP are also coming out with 13.5's soon so it's going to get interesting...I'm glad I only run mod.

Last edited by Leodis; 06-19-2007 at 10:24 PM.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #22
Tech Master

LRP has the best warranty out there..lifetime! mate so as long as you are not a nugget they replace the items
memyselfandI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #23
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by memyselfandI View Post
LRP has the best warranty out there..lifetime! mate so as long as you are not a nugget they replace the items
Actually---Limited Lifetime. Warranties against defects in materials and workmanship, just like other R/C companies:

Quote:
LRP first introduced this policy as LRP's "Lifetime Warranty" program. After careful review, it became apparent that the policy should have been called a "Limited Lifetime Warranty" program, as there are certain conditions which must be met in order to fully realize the benefits of this new policy.

The LRP "Limited Lifetime Warranty" fully protects any owner of a new, registered LRP speed control for 120 days from the date of purchase. After 120 days, some service charges may be incurred by the consumer. However, these charges are usually minimal, and are much less expensive than purchasing a new replacement speed control.

The LRP "Limited Lifetime Warranty" program is best described as a "lifetime" extension of their existing conditional warranty program
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Arrow FACTORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Every importer of Chinese-made motors will have a assertion something like this in their marketing copy:
Very true.
However, I buy motors and other products made in China from stores in Hong Kong and the U.S. I can safely say that 99% of the stuff sold through established and reputable U.S. companies have better and more consistent quality than that same stuff you can get directly in China.

When I impute the cost of S & H then U.S. quality control is very cheap or free in most cases. Product support is another factor that is important when I shortlist.

Btw, I have consistently been provided very good, high quality CastleCreations products with outstanding product support by Bishop Power Products(Troy).

Just my 2 cents.
don74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:13 PM   #25
Tech Regular

i have an original LRP sphere digital and a reedy 4 star with a rare associated sintered rotor. ive ran multiple batteries through them at once (racing nitros) and never had a problem. nothing against novak or mamba, there nice too, but the have a hard time keepin up.
rc10guy is offline   Reply With Quote