R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-10-2007, 04:00 AM   #31
Tech Initiate

Default TCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Thanks Richard! Hows the distribution's net world wide, would I be able to get the system in asia?
The distribution is still growing, and we should be delighted to hear your opinion of who may be the best distributor for your region for a product like TCS. Bear in mind there is also a Nitro version TCS coming soon.

You can also buy directly from TCS Ltd, through the website or by email [email protected]
RWeatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:38 AM   #32
Tech Master

Nitro version
I was going to ask about that.
Especially for the 4-stroke OS FS26C.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:35 AM   #33
Tech Initiate

Default TCS Nitro

The first "TCS Nitro" systems will be for 1/8 rallycross, and monster trucks like the HPI SavageX

First Nitro system release date 1st July.
RWeatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:02 AM   #34
CFR
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWeatherley View Post
The new TCS "ESC Cooling Plate" - Replaces the heatsink and fan.
can the above be plummed into the TCS-BS Brushed System ?
CFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:03 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Have you tested it in a nitro car where you would be jumping like 20 feet and slamming to the ground lap after lap?
I am really interested in the system for my electric losi 8ight. The fans I have now will not last a race before the destroy themselvs. I need a better way to keep my speedo cool. With out the fans a 5 min heat the speedo temp is 165 with both fans the speedo temp is 109. What kind of results would I get with your system?
I was able to get the heatsink off of the Mamba Max so it looks like your cooling plate will go right on. I am jus afraid that the radiator or pump will not hold up to the abuse. Does the coolant have antifreeze in it? Will the car need to be kept above freezing?

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:33 AM   #36
Tech Adept

Richard glad to hear you are still around. I have 1 TCS and I have never received the 2nd I have paid for 6 months ago. All my emails and overseas phone calls go unanswered.

Also the guys that bought the TTech line from is doing crappy work at customer service. I have 5 TTech cars. One Street Wise , 2 10X and 2 XRS. They cant seel to get any parts out for them to us here in the states.

I am sorry to do nothing but complain but I have nowhere else to turn. I have been a huge pusher of your products for years. But since the change over there has been nothing to complement on. I want to order the 11X but I am afraid to do it now.

Any help you can provide would be very welcome

BTW the TCS works great on the Neu motor with a Mamba esc. It takes some work but it works very well. The Fins on my Neu 1512's are machined into the case not bonded. I highly recommend it if you can get it.
RURC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:46 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RURC View Post

BTW the TCS works great on the Neu motor with a Mamba esc. It takes some work but it works very well. The Fins on my Neu 1512's are machined into the case not bonded. I highly recommend it if you can get it.
Thanks, I will give it a shot.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #38
Tech Adept

I forgot one thing on the TCS / Neu set up. The Neu has a slightly different mount hole size then a standard 540. I did not use the end bell plate from the TCS system. I used a set of motor tubes that wrap around the motor. This has proven very effective. I am sorry I forgot to mention this before. I did not use this on a finned case.

I am still waiting to hear fro Mr Weatherly on my issues. I hope this is not a sign of what I can continue to expect. I already feel like I have been left out in the cold.
Old 08-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #39
Tech Master

My local dealer (in GB) placed an order (and paid) for the TCS over 6 months ago to test in his Yokomo BD, but no sign of it yet.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:49 PM   #40
Tech Elite

http://www.gaz-on.net/TCS-Thermal-Cooling-System-for

Old 08-04-2007, 07:28 PM   #41
Tech Adept

Great find Badassrevo. After reading the article I am glad that hte bolt holes did not line up on the Neu. So my amendment to use a motor wrap was a good one.

I will at this time advise people to buy this with extreme caution. I have no less than 5 cars and one TCS that I have bought from Richard Weatherly and for all of them I have been a huge supporter. I love the wonderful design and layout. The cars are carefully thought out and are made very well. My lap times improved by over 2 seconds per lap (after less then 10 practice sessions) after switching to the 10X buggy over my BJ4 it replaced. I have pushed several people to get these cars and his TCS. But at this time my support is gone. I have tried to contact Mr Weatherly even by PM here from this site and well as the web site. I have even placed more than 6 overseas phone calls to them regarding parts for my cars and my 2nd TCS system that I have paid for. I know that he no longer owns Tenth Technologies but this was before the change. The new company is no better. As far as I am concerned I have been lied to and stolen from. The products have been of very high quality but if you cant get parts of another one that has been paid for I am afraid that no matter how good they are it is unacceptable.

I can tell you that there is another liquid cooling system coming out very soon (I have been beta testing) that will not only be cheaper but readily available.

Mr Weatherly I am sorry that you have chosen to ignore a customer that has supported your companies for years. I will make it my duty to tell all I can about your lack of commitment to you customers. You do not have clients you have customers. Client implies that there is a long term relationship and you do not foster this. I dont know what has happened to you and your honor but it has faded.

Good day to you.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #42
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to xtremelimits285

Quote:
Originally Posted by RURC View Post
Great find Badassrevo. After reading the article I am glad that hte bolt holes did not line up on the Neu. So my amendment to use a motor wrap was a good one.

I will at this time advise people to buy this with extreme caution. I have no less than 5 cars and one TCS that I have bought from Richard Weatherly and for all of them I have been a huge supporter. I love the wonderful design and layout. The cars are carefully thought out and are made very well. My lap times improved by over 2 seconds per lap (after less then 10 practice sessions) after switching to the 10X buggy over my BJ4 it replaced. I have pushed several people to get these cars and his TCS. But at this time my support is gone. I have tried to contact Mr Weatherly even by PM here from this site and well as the web site. I have even placed more than 6 overseas phone calls to them regarding parts for my cars and my 2nd TCS system that I have paid for. I know that he no longer owns Tenth Technologies but this was before the change. The new company is no better. As far as I am concerned I have been lied to and stolen from. The products have been of very high quality but if you cant get parts of another one that has been paid for I am afraid that no matter how good they are it is unacceptable.

I can tell you that there is another liquid cooling system coming out very soon (I have been beta testing) that will not only be cheaper but readily available.

Mr Weatherly I am sorry that you have chosen to ignore a customer that has supported your companies for years. I will make it my duty to tell all I can about your lack of commitment to you customers. You do not have clients you have customers. Client implies that there is a long term relationship and you do not foster this. I dont know what has happened to you and your honor but it has faded.

Good day to you.

that stinks, i really wanted to buy this system.....

if u can pm me or post up about the other watercooled system .... i want to buy one once i save up...

i run a 8ight T - Neu 1515 1y/f - 4s 8000mah lipo - an mamba max
thanx,
gary
xtremelimits285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:18 AM   #43
Tech Adept

As soon as I am told I can do it I will. The guy that is doing it did not even know about the TCS till about a month ago when I told him about it. It is made for large scale brushless.