TCS includes :-

Micropump
Motor Cooling Plate
Radiator
ESC Cooling Plate (Brushless system)
Tubing etc
Coolant and quick fill system
Instructions, decals etc

The Brushed TCS is 76.00 (UK Pounds) (approx 145 US Dollars)
The Brushless TCS is 99.00 (UK Pounds) (approx 190 US Dollars)
RWeatherley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #17
Tech Addict

So how do you do this with a Novak GTB? I've tried to remove the heat sink, but it seems like it is somehow attached to the upper part of the orange casing.... like, the 4 little black screws when removed don't just remove the heatsink, the upper part of the case comes with it. I hope that made sense.
Laterilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Hi RWeatherley, what's the estimated life span of the micro pump? Being a mechnical component, with the abuse it recieve over jumps. How well will this tiny device stand up to vibration. What about the EMF generate by motor and esc have on it? Thanks.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 11:56 AM   #19
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laterilus View Post
So how do you do this with a Novak GTB? I've tried to remove the heat sink, but it seems like it is somehow attached to the upper part of the orange casing.... like, the 4 little black screws when removed don't just remove the heatsink, the upper part of the case comes with it. I hope that made sense.
Once the four screws are removed, you can lift off the heatsink/fan, and the thin plastic frame.

The TCS cooling plate then can be stuck to the top of your speedo using the special heat conductive, adhesive pad, provided with the TCS. Re-attach the plastic frame & screws, which will keep your speedo together as normal.

Your Novak is now much smaller (it doesn't have the heatsink & fan) and once connected to the TCS, much cooler too
Old 06-07-2007, 12:20 PM   #20
Tech Initiate

Default Micropump

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Hi RWeatherley, what's the estimated life span of the micro pump? Being a mechnical component, with the abuse it recieve over jumps. How well will this tiny device stand up to vibration. What about the EMF generate by motor and esc have on it? Thanks.
Thanks for making a good point.

The pump was specially designed for the TCS and the rigours of RC racing. Some of the earliest pumps of the current design have been tested and raced continously for many months now. It is very rugged and takes the abuse well.

The pump is programmed, and the tiny circuit board and chip regulate, start up and correct running (a blue strobe LED indicates everything is OK). The electronics filter glitches and electrical noise. Its very reliable. and isn't affected by being close to the motor. In fact I often place my pump quite close to the motor.

NEW TCS Brushless-dsc00374-s.jpg

We also have some bench tests where the pumps are still running reliably after over 2,000 hours and counting (one years racing/practice for an active racer is usually less than 50 hours use) Just in case, an exchange pump is available for 20.00 USD, and a seal rebuild kit for 6.00 USD
Old 06-08-2007, 01:32 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

is there anywhere i could get it for cheaper than $150? my reedy neo-one over heats terribly in my buggy during the summer and i would love to keep my gear ratio the same all year round.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

Default TCS

The TCS is extremely effective at reducing temperature. Nothing else can compete with its cooling performance. This has taken 18 months of intensive and innovative design work, research and development, International patenting costs, tooling and setup, etc etc.

Through efficient design and manufacture using the latest and most efficient computer controlled machining centres, we have managed to bring the price under 100.00 UK Pounds which was our target.

I appreciate your desire to have an even lower price, and of course we'd all like everything to be cheaper, but I think the TCS is good value for money which will enhance your car's performance and reliablity, and protect your valuable ESC and motor.

It will make your car faster and more reliable and in the long run it will save you money.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #23
Tech Elite

the problem is, that i cant afford to drop $150 right now. i can barely afford to keep racing. i cant afford any high priced upgrades. oh and how much does the system weigh?
Old 06-08-2007, 05:03 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Default TCS

The complete system weighs about 50g (1.8oz)

But remember you can remove the heatsink and fan from your speedo which usually saves about 30g
Old 06-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #25
Tech Elite

so its worth the weight to keep everythign running cooler. does it work well in weather that gets to about 110 F? so it would be sucking in very hot air and not cool air
Old 06-08-2007, 05:09 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

How much tubing comes with the kit? Is the coolant special or can it be found anywhere?

I saw the graphs that were posted on the temps but I would like to see a real race comparison not where they are both geared to thermal.
what is the average temp drop while using the system?

What is the total price shipped to the US Ohio zip code 44024.
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Default TCS

Through many hours of testing and racing that we have done, we have found that, the TCS cooling system, will usually halve the temperature increase you would experience without it.

EXAMPLE
The ambient temperature is 70f

Without a TCS, your motor and ECS typically will rise in temperature by about 120f.
Therefore at the end of the run will be (70+120) = 190f

With TCS, your motor will only rise by 60f.
Therefore at the end of the run will be 130f
Old 06-09-2007, 01:34 AM   #28
Tech Initiate

Hi Richard, you mention that replacement pump cost about $20 US. I am thinking of using this pump for other project outside RC.

I'm looking at running the pump for long hours and what is the requirement to drive the motor. Just a dc voltage without speed controller? What's the flow rate like? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:02 AM   #29
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
Hi Richard, you mention that replacement pump cost about $20 US. I am thinking of using this pump for other project outside RC.

I'm looking at running the pump for long hours and what is the requirement to drive the motor. Just a dc voltage without speed controller? What's the flow rate like? Thanks!
An exchange pump is available as a service to TCS customers at $20. We are able to offer this because we can re-use, for other exchange pumps, many of the machined aluminium parts.

A complete new spare pump is 25.00 Pounds (approx $45.00 USD)

It is designed to plug into your receiver. It needs 6v supply (+/-0.5v)

It delivers 100ml per min and only draws 50mA
We also manufacture a High Flow version which delivers 250ml/min
Old 06-09-2007, 09:55 PM   #30
Tech Initiate

Thanks Richard! Hows the distribution's net world wide, would I be able to get the system in asia?