Search

What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RWeatherley
The new X11 is the fastest and now also most reliable 4wd buggy I have ever tested or worked with.

http://www.ttechracing.com/x11/
Well but it's price range is very unfriendly...LOL...let's just hope the X11 lives up it's name. The X10 was touted as the best designed and toughest predator every made, but when it was released, many customers were shocked by the quality, it had poorly fitted parts and there's a little hole that's drilled on top of the front gearbox, spur gear teeth chipped and broke easily, car was fragile and still couldn't handle big jumps...i was one of many who was so pysched up when i saw pics of the X10 on TTech's website but when i got it, it was a different story altogether...I just hope the X11 will deliver and not be another lemon like the X10....
Old 06-05-2007, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

In all fairness, i've always like the way the predator buggies looked. I've had the first predator and the X10...If only the buggy had more suspension travel and better quality parts....
Old 06-05-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Lets say for arguments sake that you wanted an offroad electric buggy that could take stick batteries, can any of those mentioned in this thread take them?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

TTech Racing was sold to Xtreme R/C last year. It doesn't belong to me anymore.

Everyone has there own view of different products. Whatever one's own opinion of the Predator, it certainly is a very effective race car, and has won many National and International Championships around the World over a long period of time.

I feel sorry if a single person had a bad experience with it.

I have had the opportunity to test The Predator in many controlled back to back tests against other makes of buggy (usually when taking on new Team Drivers). The Predator has always been the car that produced the fastest lap times (sometimes by a large margin) Many top International drivers can verify this. Only last year it was tested by a top US driver who was gobsmacked at the lap times he achieved. (But his other sponsors wouldn't let him run it. This has been a common problem over the years because TTech does not have a 2wd.)

It was designed to win races, and in the right hands, it does that very effectively.

It does and always has had a very high specification, ceramic diff balls, titanium, carbon fibre filled mouldings, thick woven carbon plates, woven carbon prop shaft, alloy suspension and steering parts etc etc etc and this is partly what you get for your money.

The Predator X11, which is just about to be released, is very strong, easily as strong other leading makes, stronger than some others, and still sharp, quick and rewarding to drive.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), The SB Acadamy V2, the Original Jconcepts BJ4, the Losi XXX-4, and the RC Product Designs TC3"O" can all take stick packs with little or no modification.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Xfactory X-5 might as well, not positive though.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RWeatherley
TTech Racing was sold to Xtreme R/C last year. It doesn't belong to me anymore.

Everyone has there own view of different products. Whatever one's own opinion of the Predator, it certainly is a very effective race car, and has won many National and International Championships around the World over a long period of time.

I feel sorry if a single person had a bad experience with it.

I have had the opportunity to test The Predator in many controlled back to back tests against other makes of buggy (usually when taking on new Team Drivers). The Predator has always been the car that produced the fastest lap times (sometimes by a large margin) Many top International drivers can verify this. Only last year it was tested by a top US driver who was gobsmacked at the lap times he achieved. (But his other sponsors wouldn't let him run it. This has been a common problem over the years because TTech does not have a 2wd.)

It was designed to win races, and in the right hands, it does that very effectively.

It does and always has had a very high specification, ceramic diff balls, titanium, carbon fibre filled mouldings, thick woven carbon plates, woven carbon prop shaft, alloy suspension and steering parts etc etc etc and this is partly what you get for your money.

The Predator X11, which is just about to be released, is very strong, easily as strong other leading makes, stronger than some others, and still sharp, quick and rewarding to drive.
Thanks for clearing the air Richard As for me i feel the only let down on the X10 was the quality of certain parts...as for the design..the predator has always been one of the most innovative...Cheers
Old 06-05-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The Kyosho zx5 takes a stick pack too.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

The Xfactory X-5 uses a saddle pack setup. The Kyosho ZX-5 uses a stick pack though. Also, there for a while the Losi 8ight was selling for 499.00 for a kit at most stores. I do believe that the price of some of these electric 4wd kits are getting kind of crazy.
Old 06-05-2007, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Scrubb
I believe (correct me if I'm wrong), The SB Acadamy V2, the Original Jconcepts BJ4, the Losi XXX-4, and the RC Product Designs TC3"O" can all take stick packs with little or no modification.
The Academy SB V2, JConcepts BJ4 standard edition, Losi XXX-4, RC Products Designs TC3 O V2 and even the Kyosho Lazer ZX-5 will all take stick packs. The Xfactory X-5 will not take a stick pack, it will not even take 3x3 saddle packs...it only takes 4x2 saddle packs...That's the whole idea behind the X-5's perfect weight balance...
Old 06-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by sport10
The Xfactory X-5 uses a saddle pack setup. The Kyosho ZX-5 uses a stick pack though. Also, there for a while the Losi 8ight was selling for 499.00 for a kit at most stores. I do believe that the price of some of these electric 4wd kits are getting kind of crazy.
When was the Losi8 an electric buggy buddy?
Old 06-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

i think he was just using it for cost comparasons,
But my losi 8ight is electric.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

The rcproductdesigns TC3 O V2 is a sweet buggy.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, my preference would be the pred family. But the number one spot goes to Tamiya Avante ( the old one ). Very inovative for it times. It been my favourite buggy since. With the best body shape in my view.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

The Xfactory X-5 will not take a stick pack
Thats right, I was thinking of the 2wd that can fit the Lipo pack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.