Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I really like my xx-4 worlds edition, it handles great.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BradR
BJ4 WE = $475
TRF501X = $520
8ight = $600

XXX4G+ = $330
XX4 WE = $350
1/2 BJ4 WE = $237.50
1/2 TRF501X = $260

*All prices are from Horizon, except the BJ4. The BJ4 price is direct from JConcepts.
I only said averages dude, and to me those prices are close enough to be deemed as around the same price, the electrics require a motor/esc and servo and the nitro requires engine, pipe and radio gear, both end up around the same price at the finished stage with the price of a decent brushless setup these days. If you want to go doing any more comparisons than thats great because you have priced them all for us now, thanks man

Its really funny whenever a thread like this comes up, whatever is winning at the top level is what everyone says because it has to be provem this way to deem worthy.... think about team Losi for a moment, no kinwald, no Francis, No cavilieri, no world champion drivers, now i wonder why Losi isnt at the top of the podium, nothing against the drivers racing for Losi because they still are very talented guys, they just arent at the top of the scale like Mafield etc. Remember when Losi had the big names they were winning everything, comes down to the driver 95% of the setup.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You know thats right, skill takes prededence over vehicle in almost any situation. Just because some people say one vehicle is better than another in some situation doesn't mean that you still couldn't beat their ass in a race.
As a XXX-4 owner, I've probably heard it all. But guess what, I still win!
Old 06-04-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

there are some vehicles that are easier to drive and setup, especially when you goto a new track.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

NJA82,
I was simply presenting the actual prices, because the general statements and comparisons you made were misleading. I wanted people to make up their own minds with the facts.

For example, take your comparison of the 8ight, BJ4, and XX4. The BJ4 is $125 less than the 8ight, and you say that it's about the same price. But the XX4 is $125 less than the BJ4, and you say that it's half the price. So $125 is negligible in your first comparison, but it's a large amount in your second comparison.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

To add the to the price listings.

Academy SB V2 Pro : $280 approximately.

excellent vehicle, if there was a class here for it, wouldn't be selling it.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

I feel the BJ4 WE is the best car because the car works great for almost everybody on every track with the same setup. Jconcepts has the best customer support I have seen in the 24 years I've been racing. Parts support is very good with all the Jconcepts specific parts arriving at your door a few days after ordering directly from there site (if not at a local hobbyshop). The rest of the parts are basic Associated and Losi parts availiable everywhere.

The only weak point on the car is front arms for an average racer. They are easy to replace and can be changed out in 2 minutes and they are cheap at $9.00 for two front arms. The rest of the car is very durable.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Adept

bj4 WE is the way to go.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:06 AM
Tech Initiate

The new X11 is the fastest and now also most reliable 4wd buggy I have ever tested or worked with.

http://www.ttechracing.com/x11/
Old 06-05-2007, 02:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default is this guy kidding??

Originally Posted by RWeatherley
The new X11 is the fastest and now also most reliable 4wd buggy I have ever tested or worked with.

http://www.ttechracing.com/x11/
haha maybe if you bolt big power in, dont turn the front wheels or hit a jump.

cause as soon as you do that, your statement turns to lies
Old 06-05-2007, 03:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Facts

An X11 is absolutely awesome on jumps, and the new parts of the X11 make it a really strong car.

When the Predator won the European Championships the jumps were huge.
The Predator also won the Winter Nationals in Florida which also had its fare share of jumps.

Speed is not about loads of power. Its about response and finness of handling, which is what the Predator X11 has. These elements make for the lowest lap times.

No lies, just facts.

Last edited by RWeatherley; 06-05-2007 at 03:50 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RWeatherley
An X11 is absolutely awesome on jumps, and the new parts of the X11 make it a really strong car.

When the Predator won the European Championships the jumps were huge.
The Predator also won the Winter Nationals in Florida which also had its fare share of jumps.

Speed is not about loads of power. Its about response and finness of handling, which is what the Predator X11 has. These elements make for the lowest lap times.

No lies, just facts.

when was this? i didn't think they had the florida winternats anymore? and what year was it when a predator won the euro's?
Old 06-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Predator results

Brian Kinwald won the Winternationals in Florida back when that was the biggest event in the USA. All the World's top Teams and drivers used to go, and the Predator TQ'd and won.

The Predator also won the NORRCA nationals.
Ian Kenningly won the European Championships with Craig Drescher second sometime late nineties.

Then the Predator was not in production for a number of years due to the drop in demand for off road.

Like all the manufacturers, TTech got back into off road relatively recently with The X10 and now the X11 has just been launched.

Last edited by RWeatherley; 06-05-2007 at 08:38 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 04:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

TC3 "O" V3
Great car in addition to great customer service!!
Check it out at www.rcproductdesigns.com
Attached Thumbnails What is the best 4wd Elctric Buggy?-cf-tc3o-3.jpg  
Old 06-05-2007, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

How awsome is that when the owners/designers are on the chat board supporting their products...

Brad Reelfs from Jconcepts (BradR)
Richard Weatherly from Tenth Technology (RWeatherley)
Dan Burnham from RC Product Designs (DJ1978)

I imagine we'll see Chazz from Xfactory to chime in anytime

Although I doubt we'll hear anything from Losi/Horizon or Tamiya reps. That kinda stuff lets you know who is looking out for their customers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.