Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tamiya baja king help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tamiya baja king help!

hey i purchased a tamiya baja king and put it 2 gether the other dai and just wondering if i hold 1 weel and try the spin the other is their sposed 2 b a lil bit of play their?
cheers,
mick
Old 06-05-2007, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmboi93
hey i purchased a tamiya baja king and put it 2 gether the other dai and just wondering if i hold 1 weel and try the spin the other is their sposed 2 b a lil bit of play their?
cheers,
mick
No, you should have put an "O" ring inside the drive cups to prevent the dogbones to move around. If that's not enough, put some shims in between the knuckles and the drivepins (or rear hub carrier and the drivepins)
Old 06-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi, let me rephrase your question. Are you referring to, why is there some free play when you hold on to one wheel and the other one could spin back and forth about 15 to 30 degree, with the motor and pinion attach?

Ok. There should be some free play. This is just some manufacturing allowances to ensure the drive train is free to rotate. Due to the fact that baja king could be using gear differential, there will be more free play. Adding that to free play in all joint cup, you end up with alot of free play. But it normal.

To minimize it, Ball differential and CVD ( Constant Velocity Drive ) can be deploy at a cost. That will be something to learn all together again.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:34 AM
Tech Initiate

ok thanks heaps guys i puled it apart the other day just the dogbone drive things and its not in the gearbox it just wer sit in the sockets theirs a bit of play so that shud b kool.
cheers,
mick