Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pros & Cons of an all blackdirt track

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pros & Cons of an all blackdirt track

Hi everyone, I have an open field by my house and what to build a track on it. But it is straight blackdirt. What are the pros and cons of running on an outdoor all blackdirt track?
Thanks
Ken
Old 04-15-2003, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

An all black dirt track would be simply amazing traction most of the time, with really no cons unless it turns rainy. Then you would have mud. I used to race motocross, and there is nothing like a perfectly prepped black dirt track. It feels like you can do no wrong, that you can place the bike/rc car anywhere and stay in total control. And on the gas hard. That is what I'm talkin' about!!
Old 04-15-2003, 05:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Yeah, I agree with that, the traction would be great, only cons I can think of is when you go to another track, you'd have to change the entire setup in order to be fast on it.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the replies!! The main reason for doing this is for praticing control of throttle and honeing my driving skills around a givin course. What wood u say to this though, I go to the local track and get the truck set to their conditions, then leave those setting to practice on my own track? Time on the controller is bettr then NO time rght? Other then shocks and tires what else is there to set anyway? I am kind of new to nitro racing. Use to race electric, MANY moons ago. and I am finding out that nitro is a whole different ball of wax!!!!!
Ken
Old 04-15-2003, 08:35 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

You could always leave the setup the same for both tracks, but you will never get to see the full potential of the truck by doing that, it will just prolong learning car control, and make it frustrating... You have the shock setup, camber, castor, anti-squat, roll center, etc. By working with those you will be doing something very useful for your driving practice, because even if you are the best driver, you cant put it together in a race without a good setup on the car.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:02 AM
Tech Rookie

That would be cool. No blue grove.
Old 04-19-2003, 12:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Randman, so if I am reading your last posting right, if I were to race at 2 tracks, odds r that the truck wood not b totally setup. Unless I were to have practiced on the 2nd track and reset the truck to that track? RGHT? Also then if I read you rght, it is MORE setup then DRIVER skill? Say it aint so!!!
Ken

Last edited by Nytro Ken; 04-19-2003 at 12:50 AM.