Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Duratrax Maximum ST

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax Maximum ST

so i got a duratrax maximum st a few years back and it hasnt been ran for atleast quite some time. today i tried to get it running but cant get it start. im using fresh fuel and a new plug. glow starter is good and the plug glows red hot.

i did notice that the flywheel turns extremely easy and i can turn it both ways. is that normal? i can see the piston moving up and down when the plug is removed. any ideas?
Old 05-31-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

if it has a pull start you not going to move the fly wheel both way.... how much fuel has it had? dose it have weak compression? dose it have a small hole in the fuel line?
Old 05-31-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Rookie

the pull start is broken so its off. ive been trying to start it with a cordless drill. when i rotate the flywheel, i can feel it get tighter at the top but it doesnt seem as tight as it used to be. the flywheel seems to turn really easy.

im unsure as to what you mean about "how much fuel has it had.'' if you mean has the engine been broken in, yes it has. and it has had many tanks ran through after that. if you mean how much is it getting now, i got gas in the line to the carb and i primed it a few times.

if the engine is shot, what is a good replacement? just go with the same one? rebuild the current with new parts? i read once that O.S. engines fit this truck. dont know which one or if that was even true.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

forgot to answer the other question. i dont see any small holes in the fuel lines. will get some replacements though to make sure.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

got it to fire. turns out that the heat sink wasnt screwed down completely tight and i was losing compression.