AE new 4wd Buggy spotted at SoCal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AE new 4wd Buggy spotted at SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

i was about to get a new buggy, but with this coming out i might have to put that on hold. any ideas of when it will be released?

and just to let yall know, the buggy shown from socal says BJ on the wing, so i have a good feeling its a BJ...
Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just wonder what they are doing to improve the design enough to make me wanna dump my BJ for and AE. Maybe K-Dub will come on here one day to tell us.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by GymBeam
stupid question, but isnt the BJ4 made by associated?
stupid anwser
Old 06-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StOnEfAn527
The BJ4 is designed around AE parts, but isn't made from them. JConcepts and AE worked together though to make it.
Considering the BJ4 uses Losi parts as well, I doubt that JConcepts worked on it "together" with AE. They just sourced the parts from them. I think JConcepts is entirely responsible for the design and putting all the parts together to make them work. Else, I would think it to be in very poor taste for Associated to come out with their own 4WD after teaming up with JConcepts to produce one.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NoahTheBoa
it seems that some pictures have surfaced from socal.
Found 'em from a thread at 4wdrc.com
http://www.jbphotography.smugmug.com...157174764-O-LB
http://www.jbphotography.smugmug.com...157174579-O-LB
http://www.jbphotography.smugmug.com...157174377-O-LB
However, I can't confirm whether this is the AE buggy or not
As the person who took those pictures, I can tell you that's a BJ4 and not the new Associated buggy.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:08 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

The designer, and builder of the car is JCONCEPTS. There was no input what so ever from AE. The car, BJ4 is named after the designers. Brad and Jason. Both of JCONCEPTS. It is based off of AE driveline, and suspension parts. There are a few Losi parts in the kit, simply because they are a simple part, why design, mold and spend time making something just like what is already made. Benifits of a small company, and a good person, who didn't burn bridges when he switched teams.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_P
The designer, and builder of the car is JCONCEPTS. There was no input what so ever from AE. The car, BJ4 is named after the designers. Brad and Jason. Both of JCONCEPTS. It is based off of AE driveline, and suspension parts. There are a few Losi parts in the kit, simply because they are a simple part, why design, mold and spend time making something just like what is already made. Benifits of a small company, and a good person, who didn't burn bridges when he switched teams.
Finally some truth.

AE has had some input, via the inclusion of their parts, etc.

Last edited by AndyMoore; 06-12-2007 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

well....time for a new losi buggy....
Old 06-09-2007, 10:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default dsjvljvewks

WERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:l ol:
Old 06-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SoCalLosiRacer
As the person who took those pictures, I can tell you that's a BJ4 and not the new Associated buggy.
jason those pics are of allens bj4 wich i just bought from him
Old 06-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default popular

Originally Posted by pink_sleeve
indoor 4wd was the biggest class at my local track.
The 4WD drive has definately become one of the favourite classes at our track in Victoria Australia, "Bring it on"
Old 06-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

4wd doesnt even exist at my track, mostly because tis rough, but im trying to get mroe people into it and so far they are pretty amazed that my little buggy can run nearly the same times as the MTs and truggies
Old 06-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Flyspray is right, here in oz the two most populated classes are 2wd stock and 4wd modified.

Not hard to see why 4wd mod is so popular (fast doesn't even come close to covering it!), can't see why more people aren't running in the US with all the tight indoor tracks etc....
Old 06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pirate60
Flyspray is right, here in oz the two most populated classes are 2wd stock and 4wd modified.

Not hard to see why 4wd mod is so popular (fast doesn't even come close to covering it!), can't see why more people aren't running in the US with all the tight indoor tracks etc....
The majority of cars readily available in the US are too fragile. The XXX4, BJ4WE both have front end durability issues. When we had a class locally here it wouldn't be unheard of for the 8 cars who started the race to be down to 2 or 3 by the end of the run. I got out simply because I got tired of not finishing races.

On the XXX4 the spindle carriers are worthless (one guy actually broke one simply turning at the end of the straight).

On the BJ4WE even the heavy duty arms crack if you don't land a jump perfectly. And front shock towers crack at a rate of 1-2 per race day.

I've heard good things about the kyosho's durability. Those 3 are really the only cars that were ever run at our local track.

If AE can come up with a TRULY durable car then it would definately have something worth looking into.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
The majority of cars readily available in the US are too fragile. The XXX4, BJ4WE both have front end durability issues. When we had a class locally here it wouldn't be unheard of for the 8 cars who started the race to be down to 2 or 3 by the end of the run. I got out simply because I got tired of not finishing races.

On the XXX4 the spindle carriers are worthless (one guy actually broke one simply turning at the end of the straight).

On the BJ4WE even the heavy duty arms crack if you don't land a jump perfectly. And front shock towers crack at a rate of 1-2 per race day.

I've heard good things about the kyosho's durability. Those 3 are really the only cars that were ever run at our local track.

If AE can come up with a TRULY durable car then it would definately have something worth looking into.
Wow. 1 to 2 per race day. I'd get tired of replacing anything I broke that much. I'm glad I got the BJ4WE with the super front shock tower. Guaranteed not to break all day. It comes with directions " keep shiny side up".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.