R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougg
I remember you, you had the wheel that was hitting the rear hub carrier. I usually run 21 laps on this track configuration in 4wd mod. I'm getting use to a brushless motor that I got last week. 20 is the best I've done with the new motor. It has a different feel to it from the brushless. I just need to get use to it. I'll get my new radio tomorrow, I need to drive with a lefty radio. I'm sure I will be bringing up the rear until I get use to it. This saterday the track will be ran the other way. Be very carefull at the end of the strait away. If you are not slowed down enough, the jump will throw you into the wall. (thats why the net is there, to keep cars from going into the pits). Too fast you will bust an A-arm. I think everyone has done it at least once. I did!! As for the charger, for $50.00 you can't go wrong. I personally spintec my batterys after I run them, I learned that from Kody. You will find many different opinions on every issue. Just talk to the guys at the track. MHOR is known for beeing one of the most difficult tracks to race at. Small lanes, obsticals every five feet to deal with, tight and alot of traction. Trucks arent easy to race there. They are too wide for that track.(my opinion). I ran mod truck this last summer, after the series was over, I sold it. I prefer buggy. As for getting in touch with Kody, he might be running weds or sat night.

seems to be much like the track i run on, we run slicks there is so much traction, so what the tire to run there??

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:13 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

At Mhor, Pink Taper pins with Trinity Gray foam are the ticket, and if there are lotsa people running, or the track drys out enough, you can run slicks, it all depends tho. Suuper high-bite, almost no give in the dirt, as long as you stay in the line. WD-40 for sauce.

For those that are interested/stumble into this thread also, Losi has re-released Pink BK-Bars (LOSA-7371P) into the R/C jungle. I ran these a few times last winter, and they held up quite a bit better than Tapers on Mhor's surface. They didn't have the crazy-good cornerspeed that Tapers do, but i think they would be pretty much money for Stock 2wd at Mhor. They definitely narrow the gap between X-2000/X-3000's and Tapers.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:06 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to nikko

Lars, what do you race up there at MHOR?
nikko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:09 AM   #19
Tech Regular

I was tryin to get down there tonight to run, but i couldnt get outta work early, and I havent been there since...early March i think? Since the snow (kinda) melted and i could get my 8ight out on the track I'll only club race 2wd Mod, at the bigger races i'll bust out the truck & 4wd usually. The tight racing there will make you a good driver tho, some of the best racing happens there, and a lot of fast CO guys have deep roots at Mhor.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:56 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is there a off-road nitro track in CO??

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:30 AM   #21
Tech Regular

There are a few:

Rat Raceway in Downtown Denver just north of LoDo/Coors Field
DirtWorks in Burlington, CO
Rocky Mountain R/C, the one on Boatworks Drive in Littleton has an outdoor track, off C-470 & Quebec.

All of them are located relatively close to major highways, which can make life pretty easy. I've head rumblings about another nitro offroad track going in up in the Longmont or Loveland area, nothing other than talk tho... But there's a good variety in CO right now
Old 05-31-2007, 07:30 PM   #22
Tech Initiate

WOW! i didn't know that there were that many tracks in CO. I guess more of them are for the Nitro cars rather then electirc am i right?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:53 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Default www.zoomrc.com

I haven't done much updating but not much has changed.
www.zoomrc.com has a list of all the tracks in Colorado and Wyoming and their adresses/phone numbers.

There is some a new Colorado Springs location I need to add.

MHOR also has an asphalt on-road track, it was the site of the 2002 Roar Electric Nationals(think I have the year right).

Unfortunately for reasons which aren't entirely clear(to me) a majority of on road racers would rather go through the hassle of setting up a shade and a generator and race on a rough parking lot in front of Hobbytown instead of a smooth ashphalt track with indoor pit area.
imjonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Johnson View Post
There are a few:

Rat Raceway in Downtown Denver just north of LoDo/Coors Field
DirtWorks in Burlington, CO
Rocky Mountain R/C, the one on Boatworks Drive in Littleton has an outdoor track, off C-470 & Quebec.

All of them are located relatively close to major highways, which can make life pretty easy. I've head rumblings about another nitro offroad track going in up in the Longmont or Loveland area, nothing other than talk tho... But there's a good variety in CO right now
Yep, new outdoor off-road & dirt oval at the Hobbytown in Longmont, coming very soon.

-E
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

would anyone like to purchase a BRAND NEW Spintech Battery Mangement? I bought one wanting to get back into R/C racing however now have to sell. It has not been used yet and i would just like to get cost out of it or see what i could get. Nothing wrong with it as it is brand new.

Send me a private message if your interested or reply back to this!

Thanks
Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

would anyone like to purchase a BRAND NEW Spintech Battery Mangement? I bought one wanting to get back into R/C racing however now have to sell. It has not been used yet and i would just like to get cost out of it or see what i could get. Nothing wrong with it as it is brand new.

I also have two 4200 battery packs that i would be willing to sell along with or seperate.

If interested send me a private message if your interested or reply back to this!

Thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #27
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nikko,

You still have the batteries and spintec up for sell? if so let me know I might want to buy them.
rccrazyindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #28
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd
Default pics

Can someone post some pics of the track>
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:38 PM   #29
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't know that anyone has current pics of the track but if you go to mhorrc.com they have links to pics. Also we are doing a track change in the next couple weeks. Not sure the exact date because we are waiting to find out about when the guy with the bobcat can come help. Also go on youtube and search for rumble in the rockies, the video is a compilation from our big race.
rccrazyindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:08 AM   #30
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to nhodd
Default pics

thanks
nhodd is offline   Reply With Quote