Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Track in OC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Tech Rookie

I would love to run nitro but 1, it is a lot harder to to run nitro especially indoor (noise, fumes, money ect.) plus the track would be too small for 1/8 scales in my opinoin, 2, I just got back from revelation (2nd in buggy toinight) and I really like what Dana has going one over there, everyone is great and the track is alot of fun. I talked with Dana about the electric track and he gave me some quility info, we plan to support eachother. I have also talked to some of the pro's there and they said they would run an electric race if I had a good sized one, (Ronda Skelton, Adam Drake and Travis Mezcua, hope I spelled them right) after all electric is where they all started. I told them to dust off the electrics and come out. Well I'll keep you guys updated, thanks for the support!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lil_Adog
now i now why all nitro tracks are indoor
you mean outdoor, right Alex?
Old 06-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)

Hi all,

My friend just informed me that SOCAL raceway may continue to operate. Is that true?

I think SOCAL raceway should make up its mind on what it wants to do. In less than two weeks it informs us that it wants to close forever and now it may continue to operate. What's up with that? Will this affect the progress of the new track in Irvine?

I don't think there is enough people to support two (indoor & high rent) tracks in OC. I want to support a track that will continue to operate not here today gone tomorrow.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

They will be open with limited hours for a couple of months. Check the SoCal forum for details.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Eric,
Your right, I did mean outdoor, I guess I have been sniffing too much motor spray....
Old 06-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by straightaway
Hi all,

My friend just informed me that SOCAL raceway may continue to operate. Is that true?

I think SOCAL raceway should make up its mind on what it wants to do. In less than two weeks it informs us that it wants to close forever and now it may continue to operate. What's up with that? Will this affect the progress of the new track in Irvine?

I don't think there is enough people to support two (indoor & high rent) tracks in OC. I want to support a track that will continue to operate not here today gone tomorrow.
Yeah, it most likely will affect the new track, as they plan on using SoCal's dirt once it closes. Now that it is going to be open longer, they may have to find other dirt or have everything ready for when they can get it in.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Whats up all
Old 06-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Wow, this could have been a perfect episode for "The OC".......
Old 06-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Location: Bending Corners R/C Raceway(s) 2190 North Canal Street Orange, CA 92865

NEW TRACK OWNERS - If you guys need any help, any at all I am available during the week and can assist yall most things.

I will not be reviewing this thread to often but I can always be reached by PM.

Raffell / Bending Corners Raceway
Old 06-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi all,

Russ here, due to the inquiries I've been getting from everyone I meet at socal or rev for that matter, I think everyone needs something new and are tired of the old. Since I love racing and can think of nothing better than rc'ing for a living, I will start a track in the next couple of months unless socal really cleans it up. I will still race at so cal fridays for the time being. I just need to find the right place at a decent price. The irvine place needs a few modifications to work and I would like to not deal with that if I don't have to. And yes Slim said he will run the track and unfortunatly the fly his helicopter while I shoot at it with my soft air rifle... hey my track my rules anyways I haven't said anything for a while so I wanted to update. But I promise this track will make you want to move in.... take care all see ya out there!!!
Old 06-17-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

and you see what time it is LOL

hope all went well at REV

Later