Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RD Logics Sho?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default RD Logics Sho?

Hey I'm making the transition from 1/8 onroad to 1/8 offroad. after 5+ years of onroad I've had enough (for the time) and offroad looks like been more fun.
Now before I delve in and start spending up big I thought about getting a good value entry level racer thats cheap yet raceable.
Looked at the old Hyper 7 but they come with a .28 engine and my club only allows .21's in the buggy class so thats thrown that buggy out the window.

One I heard a good report on was te RD Logics Sho. It's a Mugen MBX5 Clone but looks like decent quality and they are under $300US RTR.

Just wondering what the general opinion on these things is? Some ppl put them down as 'cheap junk' while others rave about them.
I know a few parts need to be upgraded but are they a good value club basher or a waste of $?

Any help welcome.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A friend of mine is trying to use his also. He is new too so it hasn't run very much. He is mostly off-road electric with zero nitro experience. Sorry I'm no help.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

ttt.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There is a review of the buggy on www.rcuniverse.com

Starting out, I would probably go with something cheap yet has a race team behind it. That is why I went with the CEN Matrix, and I am happy that I did. Its a very capable vehicle, and its build quality is quite nice.

A really nice feature as well is they can be had fairly cheap too and the RTR comes with a nice FM radio.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ah thanks, I looked at the Matrix RTR but its around $700 in Australia, and importing from the USA is no good as it uses an illegal radio frequency (75mhz).
Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah but who will know your using an illegal freq.?
Old 05-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you're transferring from on-road then you have a radio and at least one servo strong enough for throttle/brake in an off-road. I'd buy an Ace Digital #DS1015 for steering and then get a used buggy off ebay that you can get parts for: Losi 8, Jammin', etc.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by joe of loath
yeah but who will know your using an illegal freq.?

Ah was told that if ur car went out of control and hit/injured some kid the authorities would look at your radio gear, if it was not a regulated channel your in deep s***. Also 75mhz is a military channel and the fine is like $10k if they bust you (higly unlikey though).
Old 05-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Flanker
Ah was told that if ur car went out of control and hit/injured some kid the authorities would look at your radio gear, if it was not a regulated channel your in deep s***. Also 75mhz is a military channel and the fine is like $10k if they bust you (higly unlikey though).
Sounds like Australia is a police state.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by satoch
Sounds like Australia is a police state.

Yea... but you don't to jail for long, like 5 years for murder, 90 years for tax evation...

Any more opinions on this buggy?