R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-31-2007, 01:36 AM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemorc
HPI makes a better vehicle. Tons stronger than any fragile traxxas vehicle. Traxxas's suspension arms, shock towers, and drive shafts are common for snapping, twisting and breaking like twigs.
Did you get that the right way around????
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:43 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

i think his brain isnt functioning right? it seems like thats the wrong way....

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:49 PM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

bringing this thread back from the dead...

Tower hobbies is going to sell these... for about $330.

i dont quite know if its within a bigginers reach... financially.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXSDB7**&P=ML
what do youall think?
Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 02:56 PM   #49
Tech Elite

not in a beginners reach no, but its in reach. and in my opinion, worth it, because to buy a rustler and then put a brushles ssystem in it would cost well over $330
Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #50
Tech Rookie

Let's add it up!

Stampede 5XL from UltimateHobbies.com: $160 delivered
Mamba-Maxx system from b-p-p.com: $185 delivered

So you're up to $345 to start, for the very lowest web prices I can find. But you're not done yet. At the very LEAST, you have to solder on some battery connectors or it won't run. It would be excessively foolish not to use Dean's or PowerPoles at that point, so add $5 bucks, say.

Now consider all the OTHER upgrades Traxxas has done for their VXL models: Like the upgraded steel tranny gears, sealed bearings throughout, beefed up front-end parts, high-torque digital servo, not to mention the NICE little touches, like upgraded full hex hardware throughout. hell... if we can get VXL's delivered for $330, it's CERTAINLY a bargain.

Smells to me like this VXL line is going to be a hands-down winner, no matter how you slice it. I'll take TWO!

-MB
MumblinBerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #51
Tech Rookie

Let's add it up!

Stampede 5XL from UltimateHobbies.com: $160 delivered
Mamba-Maxx system from b-p-p.com: $185 delivered

So you're up to $345 to start, for the very lowest web prices I can find. But you're not done yet. At the very LEAST, you have to solder on some battery connectors or it won't run. It would be excessively foolish not to use Dean's or PowerPoles at that point, so add $5 bucks, say.

Now consider all the OTHER upgrades Traxxas has done for their VXL models: Like the upgraded steel tranny gears, sealed bearings throughout, beefed up front-end parts, high-torque digital servo, not to mention the NICE little touches, like upgraded full hex hardware throughout. hell... if we can get VXL's delivered for $330, it's CERTAINLY a bargain.

Smells to me like this VXL line is going to be a hands-down winner, no matter how you slice it. I'll take TWO!

-MB
MumblinBerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We just had a Traxxas race day at our track with reps on hand... and a VXL Bandit. That thing was insane!!!!!!! 3S lipo and they said geared to about 55MPH. It drew a big crowd just watching it go up and down the street. It was pretty impressive!!

I do agree you could do a lot with a regular Rustler/Bandit/Stampede then add MM to it. However how many new people have you seen looking at the shelves in a hobby shop and they see that MPH rating on the box. What till they see 70+ on the box.....these people have never heard of a Mamba. I think it could do very well!
padailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:42 PM   #53
Tech Elite

rcca tested the cars. and with a 3s lipo the bandit actually broke 70 mph. so i believe it when they say 70 on the box. and even on a 6 cel nimh, they all broke 30, which is still good with only a 3500 kv motor
Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 AM   #54
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well done to Traxxas.. good to see that others in the RTR market are moving ahead also.
Phroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I had stopped by the Traxxas HQ in plano about a month ago and they were out in the lot playing with a stampede that I didn't recognize. I dont remember hearing anything about I75 (highway traxxas is located off of) being shut down so iunno where they were doing the high speed tests but they do have a reallllllly smooth long streach infront and behind the HQ.

That said im glad traxxas is taking the lead on mass producing a BL system. im an old school traxxas guy and absolutely love their products. durably as hell when i was younger and now getting insanely fast when im a bit more mature to handle it wonder if they will adapt this system to their 4tec and update it also.
mkiiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #56
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow, it's like everyone posting in this thread works for Traxxas! When is Traxxas going to release something worth racing besides the Revo? How about a 1/10th electric truck to compete with the XXXT and T4? Anyone can put a crazy motor in a truck and achieve blinding speeds.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #57
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ERustler
Wink

Traxxas just made their own brushless kit, they didnt go with anyone i have figured out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is no such thing as budget RC.
ERustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #58
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to scrubnick

My local shop (riders) has one of these systems in. It's stickered at 169 bucks. Not bad at all. I think I might pick one up.
scrubnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 05:40 PM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default Traxxax & Racing

Traxxas hasn't been into racing for a number of years. They did field a small team at one time. My son was in the lower level sponsored team so I know. They did build some competitive vehicles both cars and trucks. However they went for the market of RTR and that is their strong point. They build tough vehicles that you can charge a battery and then go play, bash, etc.
They have been innovators with remote start, plug and play, and now a brainless brushless. The esc will run brushed, brushless, sensored, non-sensored, and sets itself automatically. It also sets a cut off point even for Lipos by sensing the battery. Slick set up for RTR. IMO
nutz4rcyktw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:17 AM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Regarding building in breaking points to the car, absolutely...all manufacturers do this and have to do this if you stop and think about why.

There will ALWAYS be a weakest link in any chain, so why not have control over which piece that is so it becomes predictable to have spares and easy to fix. Would you want to snap the front of your chassis and have to pull the whole vehicle apart to fix it, or simply replace an A-Arm or shock tower that snapped?

It's like the chassis version of a fuse.
gndprx is offline   Reply With Quote