R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-25-2007, 12:35 PM   #16
Tech Initiate

Ah, MSRP... sorry. Ok, so it could be $250 in a store. Has anyone found it posted at a online storefront? I didn't see it at any of the few majors I looked at.
aculici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 12:45 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

But anyone have an idea of the street date?
jimmythebarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Since I live a few miles from the town Traxxas is based in. I talked to my local hobby folks (they talk to the Traxxas folks all the time). The grapevine is these are set to hit the street in July. With MSRP of $325.00. (and we know the street price will be lower).

Good, gimma a chance to save a few bucks and pick up the rustler and a few upgrades to boot.
jimmythebarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:36 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsg
BL system MSRP is $300.

Looks like a nice ESC. The motor is very lacking though.

Btw I got your traxxas connectors right here. Get them while they're hot!
lol! that was great!

the price will always be high when they first come out, but they will drop in price to probably less than 300, maybe 250. that's cheeper than nitro, still, but more expensive than the 125 somethin brushed models. i cant wait to see one in person.
Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:23 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

WOW
Hopefully they will put it in their E-MAXX

Cheers
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:30 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Love the black chrome looking wheels

Anyone watched the videos yet?

http://www.traxxas.com/ftp/rustler_v...Rustler_01.wmv
Drift_Buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:47 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

that thing is amazingly fast. but like someone said before. couldnt you just drop a 3s lipo and a mamba 5700 and do the same speeds? for basically the same price? and its a reliable proven motor and esc

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 PM   #23
Tech Elite

i want one! next purchase after the firestorm i think... i live in literally the next town from the traxxas UK hq.... like that makes a difference.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:30 PM   #24
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosidge

PS I suspect Novak have helped with this, the motor looks ROAR spec, and they helped with the E-Maxx's uprated ESC too.
This system was not made by Novak. Unlikely ROAR spec.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Traxxas has a brilliant marketing team. Put rediculously powerful motors in cheap cars so they can sell LOTS of replacement parts when people who can't drive destroy their cars by hitting curbs and mailboxes and cars and other stuff out in the street.

Kind of like the computer printer manufacturers selling printers for cheap and reaming you for toner/print cartridges.....

Old 05-25-2007, 07:29 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to streetracer745

traxxas trucks are incredibly tough. you can hit things full speed and they dont break. but now that they are going 70, it is a different story. but they are extreamely tought trucks and cheap parts.

SMOKE TIRES, NOT DRUGS

46.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot and have no real value or truth.
streetracer745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #27
Tech Master

Well some electronics outfit made this for traxxas, I'd say if it is indeed sensorless, It wouldnt be hard to imagine Castle Creations making it to Traxxas specs. Since they are saying 70Mph on a 3 cell lipo, wouldnt that be a Mamba 7700 motor? Traxxas has a pretty good reputation, and letting some little unknown electronics company make a BL system, is hard to swallow, gotta be someone already established that can produce mass quanitiy since this truck WILL be a huge hit. Say bye bye to NiMH's!!
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #28
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro
Well some electronics outfit made this for traxxas, I'd say if it is indeed sensorless, It wouldnt be hard to imagine Castle Creations making it to Traxxas specs. Since they are saying 70Mph on a 3 cell lipo, wouldnt that be a Mamba 7700 motor? Traxxas has a pretty good reputation, and letting some little unknown electronics company make a BL system, is hard to swallow, gotta be someone already established that can produce mass quanitiy since this truck WILL be a huge hit. Say bye bye to NiMH's!!
Well, as long as we're speculatin'.....

Since Traxxas' factory is in Taipei, these items are probably being made by a Chinese or Taiwanese company.
NovakTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #29
Tech Initiate

That's how the ENTIRE rc industry works... market fast car > buy fast car > drive fast car > inevitably crash fast car> break > replace part > repeat as necessary. Notice how there are ALWAYS critical weak parts in just about every car? Some cars may be better designed / faster / tougher than others, but the bottom line is ANY car will break parts. Now YOUR task is to find the car that tends to break critical and/or expensive parts the LEAST so you aren't the sucker holding the LEMON.
aculici is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro
i'm not quite sure they Actually reached 70 mph, it seems too good to be true. but, maybe it could be so with an insanely huge pinion gear...

i agree though with the "reduction" of nimh's. people will want to drive really fast, so they'll buy lipo's. they will realize how much better lipo's are, and thus, lipo's will be used more widely. they can enjoy lower IR, better D-charge curves, and higher capacities! now that such a huge company has made such steps, lipo and brushless ARE going to be encouraged! this will make lipo and brushless much more accepted! the future is here!!!

i wonder if any other companies will try brushless... ( tamiya, duratrax, hpi... etc.)
Johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote