i have a revo and need to make it a race revo what do i need

i have a revo and need to make it a race revo what do i need

Old 05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
kyosho_driver

so what else do i need

Old 05-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RPM a-arms and carriers will make it bullet proof or you can go with rdracing carriers and snub axels. When choosing a big engine keep in mind you may have to pit alot...A excellent choice is the 3.3 or os 18tz or tm. For a pipe check out a fantom or team crc pipe (excellent lowend) or a trinity pipe. Lots of people change out the stock tank for a different tank useing the teckno rc kit. You can use a center diff w/rear brake on the 2.5 chassis, you just have to mod the chassis alittle for the rear brake. In the center diff, make sure you buy some 300,000 - 500,000 wt oil for the center diff, otherwise the front will unload to fast. THe trx extended rear arms are a good choice. As stated before, better radio/servos are a must. Go to:
http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=142&id=478 check out the performance guides....excellent info.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:28 PM
kyosho_driver

Originally Posted by Omnicron
RPM a-arms and carriers will make it bullet proof or you can go with rdracing carriers and snub axels. When choosing a big engine keep in mind you may have to pit alot...A excellent choice is the 3.3 or os 18tz or tm. For a pipe check out a fantom or team crc pipe (excellent lowend) or a trinity pipe. Lots of people change out the stock tank for a different tank useing the teckno rc kit. You can use a center diff w/rear brake on the 2.5 chassis, you just have to mod the chassis alittle for the rear brake. In the center diff, make sure you buy some 300,000 - 500,000 wt oil for the center diff, otherwise the front will unload to fast. THe trx extended rear arms are a good choice. As stated before, better radio/servos are a must. Go to:
http://www.traxxas.com/support/index...cat=142&id=478 check out the performance guides....excellent info.
i all ready got all the but the rpm stuff i dont like that stuff it just bends and got a motor just read all the post to find out what i got

Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have a looke at my Revo;

www.members.optusnet.com.au/revo3.3

I now have the RBTM523 in again.

I would not run 40 series tyres. They weigh so much more than narrower alternatives. I personally like the Crimefighter MTR's.

I have also removed the centre diff, they are not allowed in the MT class at my local club. I find the truck has so much more accelaration with just the FOC and now prefer it.

Have a read of the Steve Slayden Revo Performance guides on the Traxxax website, probably the best info available for a race Revo.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

I have all the RPM arms and carriers as well. The arms are rubbish, the pivot balls just rip out of the threds in the arms. I like the carriers with the oversized bearings though.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 PM
kyosho_driver

i like the revo with the os in it i want to do the same but different motor pipe and stock tank i like the pipe in the back also i just bought the rb tm 523 and pipe for it so yeah i bought a lot for the truck so far thanks

Old 05-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

If you run the 523 you are going to want a bigger tank. I have my throttle set to only open up 2/3rds it makes more than enough power but still works wonders for fuel economy.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I loved the RPM arms and axle carriers on my Revo. I also had the red tube pushrods, p2 rockers, teckno servo mount, and the must have 1/8 scale wing. It helps alot when catching the big air. Easier to control while in flight.