R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #316
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to darbngreen

Quote:
I'm still wondering when a company will release a race bread li//bl pro truck. Alot of these trucks have stock racing in mind when they are released so they have to be super effecient. I want to see some one put out a truck that will survive like an xb8.
That's why I have high hopes for that Rt5 Kyosho is doing. Maybe that will be the truck that takes over this class????? haha I don't know.

Speed passion systems....I never heard of them either until I searched on Stormer hobbies. Lots of vent holes on those motors, kind of like the Orion/Peak ones. I'm not so sure those are the best choice for outdoor tracks with the dust. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You want an unbreakable 1/10 scale... just convert over an old rc10gt. Those things are tanks. I watched one recently put a whole in the plywood boards around a track, and keep on trucking.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:36 PM   #318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

The problem w/ gts & rc10ts is that their chasis wears out like every 5 race days & they aren't cheap. I have been running a losi, but my diff has been getting stripped, not an issue w/ slipping, but the actual diff gear strips out. Right now I am looking into a firestorm. Their trans is tough as nails & the nitro firestorm has proven to be very durable w/ a few upgrades.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #319
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Are you saying an original gt chassis wears out in five racedays? I raced one for three years every weekend in the summer, and once or twice a month in the winter.. Chassis never wore out. I replaced it before every summer just to start fresh.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #320
Tech Elite

It was probly the track surfaces may have varied, but they get eaten up where I race.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #321
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I run my losi diffs for months. you most have something wrong
xxxtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #322
Tech Elite

I use a bigger motor & run a slightly heavier truck so I can use the motor then most people run. The gear gets stripped.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:50 AM   #323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

i am trying to get this class started at my local track this summer for some serious fun. lots of lipos and bl setups, what could be more fun?
Dynamite/Grafil/Punched RC/RC Monster/DE racing/Exotek/Protek RC
Dutch Oven Designs/Pro-line/Silverback RC
strodedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #324
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Paul_67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
Anybody else racing electric truck in the gas truck class in the RC Pro Series?

I am racing in the East Division with the first race at Avon Park, FL March 29th thru 30th!
I was thinking about running it now that they are allowing electrics. There's also an Electric Pro Series race in Daytona that same weekend and they will be running the Brushless Truck class. The Electric Pro Series didn't get a lot of support last year, so there's no telling how many people will show up for it.
Paul_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:28 PM   #325
Tech Elite

They should run the electric pro series in the winter. It is going to have a tough time competing w/ 2wd truck since you can stay on the track an entire afternoon while only running one class.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #326
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

I am hoping to be running it out here in ND in the RC Pro Series.

Paul_67, thanks again for the buggy. Haven't had this much fun in a LONG time with RC. Its been a blast.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:43 PM   #327
Tech Elite

Perhaps the electric pro series should also run the 1/10th 2wd pro truck class. There are numerous rtrs that can survive a pro truck heat & they seem to be the cheapest class to run. Shouldn't the cheapest class also be the most popular if you want to get new people into the hobby? I'm sure there are alot of guys who will run 2wd pro truck that will be willing to show up for 2wd pro truck @ electric outdoor events.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:23 PM   #328
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon View Post
They should run the electric pro series in the winter. It is going to have a tough time competing w/ 2wd truck since you can stay on the track an entire afternoon while only running one class.
Yeah, they could have coordinated it little better. The RC Pro electric offroad series needs all the support it can get and running at the same time as the nitro offroad series race isn't going to help. The majority of the Florida racers will probably go the nitro race becuase it was huge last year.

Cain, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the converted MBX-5. Good to see it being raced instead of sitting on a shelf.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #329
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_wagon View Post
Perhaps the electric pro series should also run the 1/10th 2wd pro truck class. There are numerous rtrs that can survive a pro truck heat & they seem to be the cheapest class to run. Shouldn't the cheapest class also be the most popular if you want to get new people into the hobby? I'm sure there are alot of guys who will run 2wd pro truck that will be willing to show up for 2wd pro truck @ electric outdoor events.
They have a similar class called Brushless Truck that runs long mains. I'm not sure how long the mains are, but I think they are 15-20 minutes.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:57 PM   #330
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_67 View Post
I was thinking about running it now that they are allowing electrics. There's also an Electric Pro Series race in Daytona that same weekend and they will be running the Brushless Truck class. The Electric Pro Series didn't get a lot of support last year, so there's no telling how many people will show up for it.
Somebody was a sleep on planning that race in Daytona the same weekend as the Pro Series Race in Avon Park, FL. I would have went to both since the Electric Pro Series Nats are in Charlotte, NC 15 minutes from my house, but I am going to Avon Park since they were on the schedule first and plan attending all the East Region races in the nitro and 2 of the East Region Electric ones.

I am surprised they went back to Strickland (Daytona) since 2 years ago 80% of the ones racing there was from the Carolinas when the Pro Series Electric race was there with hardly any locals there racing. Now they plan 2 Pro Series in the same region/state on the same weekend...poor planning!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote