R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Austintown Raceway and Hobby Shop (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/163840-austintown-raceway-hobby-shop.html)

santinuchi 05-18-2007 12:43 PM

Austintown Raceway and Hobby Shop

Whats goin' on guys? I'm here to re-announce that there is a new indoor offroad track in Austintown Ohio, the owner is Dan Marino and I understand that he has not made alot of friends online, well, I hope that by doing this I can help him make amends for some of the things that he's done or said, from a racers perspective he has built a nice little place to run your electric cars.

I know thats it's the beginning of the outdoor season and everyone is going outside and so are we. Dan has taken a little bit of time to try and put together an outdoor track to quench your nitro thirst. I want to promote the outdoor and the indoor track but in doing so i have to be totally honest and promote whats going on and the truth is the outdoor track is a work in progress and in my opinion the indoor electric track at least for now is going to be the bread and butter of this facility. i'd like to invite everyone out to check out the tracks even if it is just to practice and see what we have to offer.

The indoor track is clay with a small amount of topsoil mixed in, we run it wet or dry, it holds together very well, it's hard packed and will groove. 80x55.

We are currently running, 2 wheel stock, stock truck and mod in both classes, our biggest class so far is 4 wheel mod buggy we have been getting 15 to 20 per week. We are running anything from inside jobs, square fuzzies, blockheads, and tapers, most of the guys have gone with running full treads while myself (Tito) has found that bald tapers work well, i think better than anything else no matter how wet the track is unless it's within 24 hours of a heavy water but if it's dry and we just mist the track the bald tires are superior in my opinion (they'll tell ya the same thing since they cant catch them ha ha) We do have a handfull of decent drivers, myself again Tito, Bruce, Josh, Eric Chambers, long lost John Rodriguez, Richie Kurtz. We invite anyone out that will help us all get better but the competition level is pretty stout.

The track and shop is open tuesday thru sunday 4-10 with indoor racing on saturday night at 6:30. Sunday racing will be at noon with doors opening at 9:30. Sunday is supposed to be for Nitro racing. Come on out guys there are snacks, drinks. Pizza and peperoni rolls delivered fresh and hot on race night. Hang and catch a movie on the flat screen or sit back and play the game of your choice on the modded up x-box. 4 those of you that like to skate and ride, right next door is The Stomping Grounds skate vert and ramp indoor park. Check it out guys race fees are 10. 5 to practice if you have never been there, if you are out regularly your prices dont change 12 and 8 sorry, all in the effort to get new faces out to see us. if I've left anything out or you have any questions direct them to [email protected] and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Thanks alot guys and I hope to see you soon. Tito Bufford, Austintown Raceway n Hobby Shop. 330-501-6528.

santinuchi 05-19-2007 06:03 AM

come check it out even if it's just to see what your options are for the winter season i know everyone is outside now. Thanks Again, Tito