R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #46
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

[QUOTE=Wild Cherry;3370095]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I don't think that the bump up thing will happen. Not to say I don't like the idea, but I think that a racing program needs to stay course and all the classes shoud be done the same for the most part. In this case the only thing that is different is the time for the mains and qualies. It could be possible to allow the other types of motors though.... Not my call, but maybe it can be brought up during drivers meeting and discussed a little. I certainly don't have any problem with it and I do not think anyone else would either.

Personally though, if there is to be a class that is touted "The electric class of the future" then don't you think that maybe the suppposed "Products" that are touted as the "Future" of the sport should be promoted as such? Not to abandon any of the brushed stuff, but really I think that the class needs to be signified to one type of motor rules so that it doesn't get too complicated to tech in the future. Not only that, but the class is pretty much a brushless type of race. Even if they are allowed, I do not think you will see many, if any, that will try to run a brushed motor.

And if you think about it... We have Stock (A brushed class) 19t (Brushed) and Modified (Brushed/Brushless mixed). Maybe there should be a class designated only for Brushless?


Brush motor`s can do this type of racing , just use a light spring, a set of XXX brush`s and gear down a bit ...
A brush motor can run up to 10 hr`s continuously this way ....


We do it all the time ....
George: I agree totally. I certainly do not have the power to change the rules, but maybe if it is brought up at the race to the ROAR officials, maybe it can be changed to also allow brushed motors... It is a Demo class and basically a start to something that will I'm sure be a great thing.

I think this is the best way to start a class of racing... You get it at ROARs premier race in front of all the who is, a simple basic set of rules to follow to keep it easy and once it is over, then we can see where things need to be fixed and how they can be fixed by getting a good set of guidelines drawn up. This is simply a place to test the waters thats it. This isn't a worlds qualifier race so to me it is the perfect time to do a test run.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #47
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post

George: I agree totally. I certainly do not have the power to change the rules, but maybe if it is brought up at the race to the ROAR officials, maybe it can be changed to also allow brushed motors... It is a Demo class and basically a start to something that will I'm sure be a great thing.

I think this is the best way to start a class of racing... You get it at ROARs premier race in front of all the who is, a simple basic set of rules to follow to keep it easy and once it is over, then we can see where things need to be fixed and how they can be fixed by getting a good set of guidelines drawn up. This is simply a place to test the waters thats it. This isn't a worlds qualifier race so to me it is the perfect time to do a test run.
Sean
I am just thrilled to see you add the class and don't really care if you change it or not...I just want to race!

Thanks for you and Dawn calling into the radio show tonight that helped me out answering questions about the race. You know the show is archived to listen to it later here http://www.racetalklive.com/broadcast.asp just click on the 6/6/07 show date to download.

Look forward to meeting you guys and find out where all the good eatting places are located.
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM   #48
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gndprx View Post
Regarding what brushless makes a 20 min race...

I have run both the Mamba Max 4600 and 5700 and both will easily make this run and then some with no worries. MaxAmps 8k Lipo with a 5700 running 17/87 is what I will be running for summer nitro fest at The Farm this coming weekend. After a 20 min run plus a few minutes of warm up on a short tight track, I don't believe I have topped 160 degrees at the can and 130 at the ESC. They are rated to 200.

The castle systems offer huge torque, but can be a bit fussy on the cogging issue if you are a "trigger pulsing" style of driver. They like smooth trigger a little better.

We do have a regular showing of brushed motors in the 20 min main though and one that is a consistent winner...

I have no doubt that brushless motors can go the distance... I have no doubt that brushed motors can go the distance... I have some reserve on whether or not electric cars as they are designed can weather the longer mains but that is just me, I have never raced an electric car for longer than 5 minutes.

As far as this track goes.... This is not the Farm. It is only 110' x 75' or so. The surface is like driving on Asphalt with jumps (When I say asphalt with jumps, I mean it. just like it says)... Not loamy at all... As a matter of fact, they prepare the surface with sugar and water for extra traction.... This will be unlike any track that some people have ever seen or will ever see. I am very sure that because of this traction, some of the people that are not used to it, WILL thermal on their first runs on the track. Some will show up with 5.5's, 6.5's, and end up using 7.5 or higher. The extra traction equals heat and shorter run times...

Ya'll don't believe it now, the testomonials to this statement will come after the race is over. I gaurentee(<~sp?) it.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:39 PM   #49
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
Sean
I am just thrilled to see you add the class and don't really care if you change it or not...I just want to race!

Thanks for you and Dawn calling into the radio show tonight that helped me out answering questions about the race. You know the show is archived to listen to it later here http://www.racetalklive.com/broadcast.asp just click on the 6/6/07 show date to download.

Look forward to meeting you guys and find out where all the good eatting places are located.
I'm sending you a PM for Tire Info... I don't think I got it all out tonight.
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #50
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I'm sending you a PM for Tire Info... I don't think I got it all out tonight.
Losi Taper Pin Silvers in the front
Losi Taper Pin Reds in the rear
Trinity Bomb 1 Ultra firm foams in both

Do I need to burn the Losi tires? (You know what I mean!)

Do you think pinks will work up front? I have a bunch of those and can't find silvers.

I hope somebody will be there selling tires?
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:01 PM   #51
Tech Master
 
Orange's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chandler, AZ
Posts: 1,277
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
Losi Taper Pin Silvers in the front
Losi Taper Pin Reds in the rear
Trinity Bomb 1 Ultra firm foams in both

Do I need to burn the Losi tires? (You know what I mean!)

Do you think pinks will work up front? I have a bunch of those and can't find silvers.

I hope somebody will be there selling tires?
I do not recomend Pinks.

I do not recommend fire.

Another PM....
Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:14 AM   #52
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I do not recomend Pinks.

I do not recommend fire.

Another PM....
Thanks!

I just thought pinks felt alot like the silvers with the reds being very different.

Thanks again!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:39 PM   #53
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

I talked to Tebo out at the Farm Raceway today where he was practicing for Summer Nitrofest and he said he was not racing in the Li-po/Brushless Truck Class at the Nats and that Checkpoint's brushless motor was not available to him yet.
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 05:05 PM   #54
Tech Adept
 
chrlie sidebite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: phx
Posts: 0
Default

Ok now if this goes.......Can old dudes (Master) bring a chair to the drivers stand?
chrlie sidebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #55
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlie sidebite View Post
Ok now if this goes.......Can old dudes (Master) bring a chair to the drivers stand?
I am racing in the Masters class and I perfer the longer race that with age comes experience, wisdom and patience to not break letting the kids break and burn they're tires up so us old dudes have a chance!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 08:37 PM   #56
Tech Adept
 
Jerry23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 169
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
I am racing in the Masters class and I perfer the longer race that with age comes experience, wisdom and patience to not break letting the kids break and burn they're tires up so us old dudes have a chance!
that was my plan. hope that doesnt mean im starting to get old...
__________________
www.JerryRoyJr.com
Thunder Tiger/Mikes Hobby Shop/GulfCoast Raceway/Amsoil/Pre-Paid Legal
Jerry23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 12:15 AM   #57
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

Of course Associated and Losi had to come out with quick change wheels on the back!!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:53 AM   #58
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mt. Holly, NC
Posts: 1,181
Default

Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals Anthony.L Electric On-Road 685 08-03-2007 12:58 PM
class added to ROAR Off Road Electric Nats - just FYI Dawn Sanchez Electric On-Road 11 05-20-2007 12:52 AM
Provisional Class Added to ROAR Off Road Electric Nats Dawn Sanchez Racing Forum 1 05-19-2007 08:19 AM
2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals *** VENUE CHANGE *** Dawn Sanchez Racing Forum 1 05-17-2007 05:34 PM
2007 ROAR On Road Electric Nationals Dawn Sanchez Racing Forum 0 04-15-2007 11:15 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:12 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net