Wiki Posts
Search

XXX-NT Sport vs AD2

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Tech Adept

Default XXX-NT Sport vs AD2

Hello all,

I've bought a XXX-NT Sport RTR 2 lately and would like to start upgrading it. Are all the AD2 parts compatible with it? I mean could I exchange the whole rear suspension (arms, support, shock tower,...) and plug it on Sport's chassis?

I'm also searching for XXX-NT configs (servos, engines,...) used by competitors to have an idea of possible upgrades but it's rather difficult to find on the net. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Sylvestre
Old 05-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Im not real sure, are the chassis the same? If they are then you shouldnt have a problem.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

That's the question, I don't know...
Old 05-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, you can convert your RTR to full AD2 spec. For the front end, you'll need the AD2 arms and caster blocks, and the front axles to use the AD2 front/rear wheels (they're the same).

The rear is a little more tricky. You'll need the pivot block, arms, hubs, axle, dogbone, and all the hardware. The rear shock tower is only slightly different; you can run your original one with no problems.

Click here for the AD2 Parts Exploded View
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for your answer Aaron.

As I would have to change a lot, do you recommend third party products for any of the parts to replace?
Old 05-17-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

A lot of guys around here are running the rock concept alluminum rear pivot block. If you do upgrade the rear suspenstion arms, make sure you lock-tite everything that screws into the aluminum hubs.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Even if you don't do the complete changeover because there are so many parts, you can still just use the AD2 rear pivot block. Almost all of the racers I race with who run the older versions do this. The AD2 rear pivot has 4 degrees of toe in rather than 3. It really helps in straight line stability so you can put the power down a little better.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Your best bet will be to get better servos, and a good mill first. The only upgrade the rtr II realy needs is a set of lunsford turnbuckles. The stock mill has plenty of power, but there are a lot of mills which will be a lot more effecient.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

party_wagon: Which servos do you recommend? I used to compete in TT1/10 4x2 Elec some years ago and KO Propo FET were the best at that time. Things changed I guess.
gubbs3: Thanks for the tip. When changeing rear pivot do I have to switch to AD2 wheels as well?
kevinmajor: Thanks for your advice, I'll consider it.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Nope, nothing else will change. You will need to grind a small flat spot on the hinge pin since it is held in place by a set screw. That's it!
Old 05-19-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

i've had a losi XXX-NT sport since i got into this hobby about 4 years ago and i love the truck and i would recomend upgrading the rear piviot block to aluminum, the turnbuckles to titanium, also the ball studs, and as for a motor go with a .12 racing motor with a good tuned pipe, +++ suspension is a big part if u plan to race 4 oil run 35 front 30 rear.