R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-14-2003, 11:10 AM   #16
Tech Regular

I'm just getting the peaces together to convert my fireblade front axles to losi xxx. Have you done this to your fireblade? Also what tires have you used and had good luck with, and what wt shock oil do you use? I really like the car but agree it a pain to work on mostly because of the double deck chassis. While I love how rigid it makes the chassis and it looks cool I would like schumacher to simplify it. Any tips or feedback on how you run your fireblade would be great.

Thanks
midnight oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Oh, sorry for the late reply...I was affraid to come back because these versus threads always turn ugly.

The front axles were really loose on the hub carrier so I poured polyurethane glue and inserted the shaft and they're rock solid now.

I use 30 wt all around with two holes open and green Losi springs for the rear and silver AEs in front.

Prolines bowtie tires are good, I also have schumacher mini blocks in the rear and mini pins in front silver compound, they work well. I'm gonna try the Losi tires next.

About the battery, you can push the sattle packs back one slot, if you remove the foam brick that separates the tranny and the battery. I built a custom steel support for the toe in blocks, to let the rear battery fit.

Out of 20 runs, I'm havin trouble with the tranny bearings in the output shafts. Seems like they enjoy gobbling up dirt.(Why couldn't they be rubbler sealed!!!! ) In fact all the bearings seem to sound grainy after a few runs, So far I've cleaned and regreased bearings 5 or 6 times.
The blades are still ok...but that's me, I'm religious about maintenance, I grease'em good.
Next I'm going to build an alluminum brace for the rear suspension assembly so the graphite chassis doesn't get decimated in a crash.

The EVO is a fast car, but making setup adjustments, especially to the rear suspension, is a hollocaust. Also I would like rubber sealed bearings like on the Cougar 2. Those are my only complaints.
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2003, 01:15 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Your right about these posts getting out of control Iíve seen it happen so much on these forums. It blows me away how rude people are to each other. Iím new to this and had never been in a argument on any forum before, it's not my style. I was kida surprised by his reactions though in retrospect I shouldnít have been since that type of behavior seems like the norm on most forums. Itís very black or white for allot of people when it comes to brands. That was the first and the last bickering match Iíll get into on one of these forums, thank god it didn't turn ugly. Iím embarrassed to have been involved and Iíve learned from my mistakes, if it come up again I will not take part. I donít mind a debate but when it starts turning to the dark side, it time to stop. I think itís a waste because no one ever gets anywhere and people just get offended. I have to wonder though are these people that are so rude on these forums so rude in life? In my profession or most for that matter you wont get anywhere acting the way some of these people do on these forums. I question their real life social skills or lack there of.

Anyway back to the subject matter. Thanks for all the good info about the evo Iíll have to try some of it. I just purchased and hopefully in the next week will have an EVO 2 with losi front end and adjustable battery tray and a cat 3000. I donít understand about the blades though, I run a 14 turn motor and have gone through about 50-100 packs and havenít had them wear out. I really like the fireblade and realize like any car it has itís short comings. When I get the evo2 Iíll get back with you and tell you how the adjustment are going. I also hopefully very soon will have a b4 and am eager to see how they compare. I used to have an Schumacher top cat and I remember those rubber-sealed bearings. They were great; I donít know why Schumacher stopped with them

Take care
midnight oil is offline   Reply With Quote