R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-19-2007, 08:10 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by UN4RACING
2 wheel you can do more wheelies though.

I think bashing it would be cheaper and easier to work on with the 2 wheeler.
I think with the wheelie factor 2 wheel would be more fun and versatile.
The 4 wheel is more for racing. I think?
i do way to many wheelies with my 4wd
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 08:12 AM   #17
Tech Elite

ya the Dark Impact is a good beginner car.
Old 05-19-2007, 08:32 AM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had the same issure, 2wd/4wd?? So I went and bought the XXX-4, I thought it would be a great basher, 4wd. efficient drivedrain, looked pretty easy to work on...etc.

Very soon I realized that this car was indeed NOT made for bashing! Thats exactly what happened to it. It got bashed.. Didn't take long, A broken chassis is what I received.. I have spend literally thousands of dollors to keep this thing bashing!! Now it only sees track time!

Now I own a nitro rustler for the bashing sessions! 2wd Is a blast to drive (It also is the best to learn driving skills) And i'll tell ya what, sometimes I can not break this thing...I give much props. to Traxxas on a wonderful product.

In conclusion, there is no perfect bashing vehicle. If you like 4wd get one.. You will not be disappointed!

Last edited by Alltapdout; 05-19-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Alltapdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #19
Tech Elite

a truck my be good for bashing too.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:19 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrman
this has probably been asked time after time i bet but doing a search on the forums hasnt brought up any results..

basically im new to the whole buggy scene. i want to buy my first electric Tamiya buggy. BUT i am totally confused and cant decide wether to get a 2wd or a 4wd buggy...

i dont want to race or compete. i just want to have a mess around at the park and do things with it like skids, spins and tricks..
i have heard that 4wd buggies tend to break eaier than 2wd..

any advice lads?
Pick-up a car that has good parts support - and where the main parts that you will be breaking (arms, steering knuckles, etc) will not cost you an arm and a leg. For your purpose - for "skidding, and stuff" a 2wd will be much easier -however, if you want to bash - have you thought of saving a little more $$ and buying a HPI Savage? A bunch of us have these trucks and use them strickly for bashing. They are very durable, you can run them on all kinds of surfaces and the best thing is that HPI part support is very good nationwide.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #21
Tech Apprentice

ive just bought a Tamiya DF02 Gravel hound, comes with oil shocks sealed gear boxes bearings in the gear boxes, was fun to build havnt drove it yet waiting for my new receiver and ESC, a friend has a DF02 and he bashes alot with it and hes only ever had to replace the prop shaft (comes with a plastic one after he put an alloy one in it was fine)

i intend to use mine for bashing/racing with friends
D4nny06 is offline   Reply With Quote