R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-20-2007, 08:58 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'll also add that, after having running various Mugen's over the years, and now having a Losi, the Mugens require less maintenance and just about 0 repairs. They just don't break. The Losi's, until recently, suffered from bad shock O-rings and weak rear outer hinge pins, and are more sensitive to throttle/brake linkage setup.

But, like every 'car A vs car B' arguement that's ever come up on a forum, it's a matter of

a)what you can get part for from your local LHS.
b)what the fast guys at your track are running, so you can get setup help.
c)what suites your particular driving style.

Why did I get a Losi? Well, it was the flavor of the month at the time, and was hyped to be the only car worth having. Also, I could not find any used MBX5R's for sale when I was looking.
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

MBX5R's are still hard to get second hand

check out the for sale thread more 8ights than you can poke a stick at that tell's me one thing alot of people arn't that happy with their 8ight's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
I'll also add that, after having running various Mugen's over the years, and now having a Losi, the Mugens require less maintenance and just about 0 repairs. They just don't break. The Losi's, until recently, suffered from bad shock O-rings and weak rear outer hinge pins, and are more sensitive to throttle/brake linkage setup.

But, like every 'car A vs car B' arguement that's ever come up on a forum, it's a matter of

a)what you can get part for from your local LHS.
b)what the fast guys at your track are running, so you can get setup help.
c)what suites your particular driving style.

Why did I get a Losi? Well, it was the flavor of the month at the time, and was hyped to be the only car worth having. Also, I could not find any used MBX5R's for sale when I was looking.
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
MBX5R's are still hard to get second hand

check out the for sale thread more 8ights than you can poke a stick at that tell's me one thing alot of people arn't that happy with their 8ight's
Most likely its that its hard to get parts for the 8 as its so darn popular. It just ruins your day when you cant run for lack of a $4 part.... Knock on wood, but luckily I haven't broke anything yet, and nothing needs replacing quite yet...
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote