Wiki Posts
Search

servo help

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)
Default servo help

i have mbx5r with futaba 9451 on throttle. ran buggy for a few tanks and noticed brakes starting to fade. fade turned into no brakes at all. throttle still worked perfect. i took that 9451 out and replaced it with another. same thing. brakes faded and then turned to no brakes. throttle still worked perfect. at this point i noticed servo horn very hot. is there a fail safe built into servo to quit when over heated? upon checking everything, i noticed i was not getting very much travel on the brake side. i took off horn and re mounted so that i was getting full travel on brake side. i ran it this way for three more tanks with no problems. after getting home i plugged the first 9451 back into receiver and it worked perfect. has anyone had any experience with these problems? the first servo has been sent back to futaba after the first time it failed on me. they returned to me. they said nothing was wrong. can a motor be bad only when in the buggy under race conditions? could these problems be to my setup of servo? i usually set trims to middle, and then turn on power to servos and then place horns. any help would be appreciated