R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

I know this isnt tire related but it seems for a time last summer it was impossible to find AD2 rear arms.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Horizon hobby is not worried about getting tires out for tenth scale racing cuz they tend to favor the items that are making them the most money since the merger there has been alot of dirty things they have done they are more concerned with airplanes and park fliers than the average joe racer its just something that we all have to live with just food for thought though Panther makes great tires i ran them for a long time and had no problem and they love to make tires plus you will get the same quality tires as losi cuz panther used to make tires for losi so the reciepe is the same soft is equal to pink and super soft = to red
Phantoman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:15 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hate to say it but Panther soft is no where near Losi Pink compound.
Give Losi/Horizon a bit of time here, They are producing ALOT more items as a whole now than ever before. The Losi 8ight and 8ight T have sold like crazy and it will take a bit of time to get their parts stocked up as alot of the production parts are being used to fill kits and they have made running changes on a few parts as well. As far as tires it is the same thing, They now have to put tires in the 8ight and 8ight T kits as well as well as all the other kits. Be patient I am sure things will be much better soon.
Raceform Bodies.....Reilly Paint (Just Plain Wicked)
gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:24 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasser
Hate to say it but Panther soft is no where near Losi Pink compound.
Give Losi/Horizon a bit of time here, They are producing ALOT more items as a whole now than ever before. The Losi 8ight and 8ight T have sold like crazy and it will take a bit of time to get their parts stocked up as alot of the production parts are being used to fill kits and they have made running changes on a few parts as well. As far as tires it is the same thing, They now have to put tires in the 8ight and 8ight T kits as well as well as all the other kits. Be patient I am sure things will be much better soon.
Someone else needs to get on the ball and make some decent clay tires... It's kind of rediculous that only Losi makes good tires and you can't get them... My LHS has put off races because of the shortage....
Old 05-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Is the Proline R3 compound at all comparable to Losi Pink compound? Maybe R3 Inside Jobs would substitute for Pink Tapers?
Stealth_RT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:31 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

"C" compound Panther tires are probably the closest to Pink, Some indoor tracks favor "C" compound and some favor pink.
Raceform Bodies.....Reilly Paint (Just Plain Wicked)
gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:58 PM   #22
Tech Addict

Quote:
"C" compound Panther tires are probably the closest to Pink, Some indoor tracks favor "C" compound and some favor pink.
Our track is compatible with both. There does seem to be pretty unique characteristics to each type. And I definately don't recommend mixing the two on your car.
mfishel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:21 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
I agree, "C" compound is close to pink, but a Losi Pink will keep working as a track starts to dry out, where a "C" compound gives up.
Hammer Racing
Bike racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:23 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

And after the C gives up try the soft. They often come in after the C and are good.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:33 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I don't know what is up with Losi's tire supply either. Those pink taper pins are just awesome, but hard to find. The panther clays work pretty good, similar to the pink taper pins if you dope them really good. Spray them with WD-40 and leave them sit for a bit. It does suck though, when the track dries out enough, they get really loose quick. It seems like all of the sudden, one lap they are great and then the next lap they are loose.

I find king pins to work good too when I can't find taper pins.
High Desert Raceplace, Grand Jct CO, Sanwa Exzes Plus Stick Radio, Spektrum,Thunderpower 230g, Modified Tri-Nut Novak GTB2, Ballistic 4.5t 550, 5.83lb SCTE Ten, Novak Sentry Brushless Dyno, Crossweight Setup Station, Junsi 20A power supply Icharger 20A Charger,TP610C, 22B, Novak Edge, Novak 13.5, SC10, Havoc Pro SC XDrive, Ballistic 17.5 Matthew Joseph Cordova
mattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:41 AM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you guys notice there is there a huge difference in grip/handling between the pink silver and red?
GymBeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #27
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GymBeam
you guys notice there is there a huge difference in grip/handling between the pink silver and red?
When it's cool out reds are useless at my LHS....
Old 05-11-2007, 03:33 PM   #28
Tech Rookie

What i meant was c compound is close to pink but for the most part panthers work great it also means that if pink work good for one set up you might have to change your set up for a different tire.
Phantoman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:57 PM   #29
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Race tires

[QUOTE=jobo_ph]I hope this situation of unavailability of Losi IFMAR pins/studs changes. I am sure there are still a lot of us who use these tires.[/QUOTE

My LHS has the IFMAR Stud Front 4 Wheel Tires in stock.........
He is on Ebay.......Nitro Rc Chop Shop.....you can contact him at 901-794-0672...Chris is a nice guy I'm sure he will be glad to hook you guy's up....You will have to pay Shipping though LOL

Have fun with the 4 wheeler...........

Later Bro!