Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mamba max brushless systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 05:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Mitchellmoxon, what rules does your track follow? IFMAR?

Drift Buggy, I don't believe so, and if it does, it was unnoticeable to me. I tried using both wiring setups and it felt the same. Both wiring setups have no-limit motor for brushed motors too.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Initiate

hey mattnin , thanks for the help but my local track has no rules, wahoo

just orderd my mamba max 7700
Old 05-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drift_Buggy
I read the manual and there is two wiring diagram - Reversing & High Power.
If using the Reversing are you going to have less power than the high power wiring?

Cheers
That is in reference to using the Mamba Max ESC with brushed motors.

For the reverse settings you can set the amount of power you have in reverse either manually with 4 settings (25%, 50%, 75% or 100%) and via the computer which is variable.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am having real trouble keeping my tires from ballooning with my Mamba Max 7700kV. I have a 4wd kyosho zx-5 and its only the rears that do it. I used packing tape to belt them like I do on my 1/18th trucks and it still broke the tape loose! Anyone have any suggestions or know of any factory belted 1/10th buggy tires? I may try 2 layers of tape, but it seems to stiffen the tires a lot.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:46 AM
Tech Initiate

hey i would sujjest going down to 6 cells
Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are having problems with ballooning tires, blown trannies, and completely decimated front ends from crashing, you might have a little too much power... but that means it works just fine!
Old 05-17-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Addict

Yeah I have to wonder what the problem is there
You can get harder tyres which wont balloon so much, but whether they'll work on whatever surface you are playing / racing on is another matter.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

I'm kinda jumpin' in here but what about the "new" Novak series of brushless systems. Realizing that there is a limit on the esc but how would they compare to the castle ones? I am getting back into R/C and was just pondering going brushless because of brushed motor maintenance and time involved. Typically I was going to look into something used for my kid and I and we are just looking to run around the yard and build a makeshift track.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXRST1&P=0
Old 05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 168 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mitchellmoxon
hey people im gona go for the 7700kv in my b4, i dont care about it being stupidly fast =] iif it is ill put some bluetack near the throttle on a wheel transmiter, the bluetack will prevent me from pushing the exallorator fully down LOL
That is a really bad idea according to Castle. There was an extended discussion about this in the brushless forum on Radiocontrolzone.com. But if you like burning up the motor and paying to have it replaced every now and then, go for it.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pnccj7
I'm kinda jumpin' in here but what about the "new" Novak series of brushless systems. Realizing that there is a limit on the esc but how would they compare to the castle ones? I am getting back into R/C and was just pondering going brushless because of brushed motor maintenance and time involved. Typically I was going to look into something used for my kid and I and we are just looking to run around the yard and build a makeshift track.

a mamba combo is way cheaper and you get the cable and disk with it but go on the link and get the latest software.
and cc dose not thermally shut down.
i run the 5700 with 3200 lipos in a zx-5 and i love it.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Company Representative

Your link is not working, but I think you are referring to the new Novak XBR/EX Sport systems. Novak will begin shipping these systems by the end of this month and Tower is listing them for $179.99.

This system would be perfect for your use.

Originally Posted by pnccj7

Old 05-23-2007, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Duratrax is about to bring out a 7 cell 4200 nimh battery (8.4v)

Wouldn't mind seeing how they go with the Mamba's

Cheers
Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have not used a 2s lipo before. I have a 3s and 4s for my 1/18th scale and they are crazy, but I am wondering how the 2s will compare to my 8 cell IB 4200 with my MM 7700kv ? I really don't want to sacrifice top end but I am wondering how different it is? The 8 cell is fast but the battery weighs 600g. A 4000 lipo is 185g but only peaks at 8.4 volts.