R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   graphite chassis for 4wd electric buggy? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/162189-graphite-chassis-4wd-electric-buggy.html)

streetracer745 05-06-2007 06:45 PM

graphite chassis for 4wd electric buggy?

im looking at getting a graphite chassis for my 4wd electric buggy and wanted to know if it would be durable enough to take big hits? i drive it a lot like a MT and my track has big jumps so if i mess up it needs to be able to take a huge slam into the ground. will a graphite chassis be able to withstand this?

scoobydo 05-06-2007 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by streetracer745
im looking at getting a graphite chassis for my 4wd electric buggy and wanted to know if it would be durable enough to take big hits? i drive it a lot like a MT and my track has big jumps so if i mess up it needs to be able to take a huge slam into the ground. will a graphite chassis be able to withstand this?

The graphite chassis will probably give you better suspension response, but will not be as durable as a plastic chassis.
The plastic is more forgiving and will bend where as the graphite will just snap.
However, if it is a big enough hit, not even plastic will save you.

streetracer745 05-06-2007 07:12 PM

well my plastic one has held up through all the beatings ive put it through. and seems to still be trong. so idk if my hits are big enough to snap graphite or not

scoobydo 05-06-2007 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cain
what buggy do you have?

JINX!

EDIT:
Thats So Weird!!!!!!!!
I posted after my post BELOW and It posted ABOVE! :weird:

Cain 05-06-2007 07:15 PM

what buggy do you have?

scoobydo 05-06-2007 07:15 PM

well my plastic one has held up through all the beatings ive put it through. and seems to still be trong. so idk if my hits are big enough to snap graphite or not

what kind of buggy is it?

streetracer745 05-06-2007 07:20 PM

tamiya dark impact.

scoobydo 05-06-2007 07:37 PM

tamiya dark impact.

I didn't know they made a graphite chassis for the DF03?
I would stick with the plastic. It will last you longer.

streetracer745 05-06-2007 07:39 PM

3racing and KMC both make graphite chassis

Cain 05-07-2007 08:06 AM

You would have to really hit something very hard to snap a decent graphite chassis. I wouldn't be too concerned personally. Only thing I would want to do is have some sort of undertray so the chassis doesn't get all scratched up.

streetracer745 05-07-2007 01:46 PM

i really dont want to drop the $100 to get a little more performance when i will end up breakign it. but if it could withstand a huge hit, which i am trying to get out of and im starting to drive it more like a buggy, then i will probably get one. im just worried about batteries fitting. i had to shave down the edge of my battery slot to fit a123 batteries, so im not sure....