R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ya and I love AE but Losi cars are sweet to and for good drivers of Losi you forgot Todd Hodge himself! And ya Tod that was a cool thing for you to wish Travis luck in all he does because someone with as much knowledge as him will help the sport by him going to a new company!
Old 05-05-2007, 12:05 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hmmm....when does Walmart get the 8ight in stock?

Losi race team budget dropping....hmmm....not really. We are now not only doing TC, Elec. Offroad but we are also doing Gas Offroad in all 3 classes and winning at it. I guess you know more than me. Perhaps you should apply for a job there.

Well, I'm not trying to say i know more than you. Its what i heard from a pretty reliable person. And visually, it looks like it, since Losi doesnt seem to really have as many top shelf drivers as in the past.

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
nc-hopsing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc-hopsing
Well, I'm not trying to say i know more than you. Its what i heard from a pretty reliable person. And visually, it looks like it, since Losi doesnt seem to really have as many top shelf drivers as in the past.
LOL...lemme guess...Ron? He was telling everybody that.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:55 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

That same reliable source leaked out the secret that Drake and Waldron are also leaving Losi to provide R&D support for Tyco's new race ready machine
Old 05-05-2007, 01:00 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

losi still has plenty, all their vehicles are at least competive from stand point that REGUARDLESS what you say if asked what is the "best" only classes their names wouldnt be mentioned are those inwhich they dont have a car in in that class (example 1/8 scale on road, 1/10 nitro touring) nothing wrong with a driver/designer/tech guy moving up somewhere else either. at that level it's not just a hobby anymore. im not a losi fan boy but same time should be obvious they are still elite cars/trucks and a pretty elite race team.
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 01:11 AM   #21
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Lars Johnson

Quote:
I heard that Todd was the Losi team manager. He seems like he might be a pretty reliable source...

Good luck Nut!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:33 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Not as many top shelf drivers?! Adam Drake, Mike Truhe, Jesse Robbers, Phillip Atondo, Billy Fischer, Casey Peck, Todd Hodge, Mike Dumas, Andrew Gray, Keven Hebert, Mike Haynes. Certainly not chopped liver!

The "big names" have changed a bit in the last decade.

The 8IGHT and 8IGHT-T have TQ'd every U.S. national-level event that Losi's race team has attended (although Truhe missed TQ in truggy at the Gas Champs, but the poor guy had no help from me, haha), against some of the fastest 1/8th scale buggy and truck drivers in the world. And these cars are only going to get better with continued development.

2007 has been a good year so far!

As Todd said, I bet the opportunity for Travis to develop race cars for Hot Bodies is exciting for him and I'm sure he'll do wonders for their off-road program. Travis is a friend to many of us and I wish him the best of luck with everything.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:47 AM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S

Its nice to see such a tight-nit group of people.....i just hope that someday i can be part of a group like losi.

currently im going to university for mechanical engineering, it would be a dream to graduate and go to a company like losi, associated...etc....etc....
Old 05-05-2007, 06:25 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Hopefully Travis will bring some new ideas to the Hot Bodies cars, as right now they are just pirated clones.
Scrubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:40 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
LOL...lemme guess...Ron? He was telling everybody that.

No, it wasnt Ron. And I did hear it from a few different people.

Aaron, I did say NOT AS MANY as in the past. But, I was thinking more in off road. No doubt that Losi's cars are definately still highly competitive and hopefully they remain that way. They just dont seem to have as many drivers like they used to.

I'm interested to see who Losi is sending to the off road worlds in Japan this year

KYOSHO AMERICA.com -Peakmotors.com - kyoshoforum.com - Team SlantEyEs - Hardkore Paint - JBRL Off Road Series - JConcepts.net
Old 05-05-2007, 08:45 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild gopher
That same reliable source leaked out the secret that Drake and Waldron are also leaving Losi to provide R&D support for Tyco's new race ready machine

Old 05-05-2007, 08:47 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jason Halvorson Send a message via MSN to Jason Halvorson

Quote:
They wont necessarily pick up "plenty" of great drivers. Losi's race team budget has been dropping since the "take over" of Horizon. Losi products are heading for Wal Mart, once that happens, racing will be the last thing on their minds.

HPI/Hotbodies has some stuff under wraps I bet in off road. Amezcua will definately help with the program over there, both in racing and development.
losi might not need to pick up plenty of great drives, looks like losi still has plenty of great drivers lmfao!!!!

TEAM OCM USA
TEAM GO TECH
TEAM PRO TWISTER MODS
TEAM VP PRO TIRES

OCM RACING DT-19 EVO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED

OCM RACING DT-19T PRO, GO TECH ENGINES PTM'ED
Jason Halvorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 08:55 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

nc-hopsing, With as many new companies moving to the quickly growing 8th scale and Truggy market the talent is ALOT more spread out now than ever before. Just look at Kyosho and Mugen, they have lost some serious talent as well in the last few years. If you look just below the "TOP" level drivers out there you will see many of these companies picking up young talent that will be "TOP" talent in a few years. Just last weekend at the 1st round of RC Pro Series for the midwest there were 4 young guns 16 and under in the "A" mains in both Expert Buggy and expert Arena truck. In Arena Truck Cory Crosley (16) TQed and won with Matt Gosch (14 or 15) 2nd and Derek Weatherholt (13) 3rd. Give these youngsters a few more years and they too will be in the mix at the Top level.
Raceform Bodies.....Reilly Paint (Just Plain Wicked)
gasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:53 AM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Not as many top shelf drivers?! Adam Drake, Mike Truhe, Jesse Robbers, Phillip Atondo, Billy Fischer, Casey Peck, Todd Hodge, Mike Dumas, Andrew Gray, Keven Hebert, Mike Haynes. Certainly not chopped liver!
But most importantly Aaron Waldron!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:19 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ha, I was waiting for that post!