Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Help with set up and Assemble XXX-T MF2 >

Help with set up and Assemble XXX-T MF2

Help with set up and Assemble XXX-T MF2

Old 05-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Help with set up and Assemble XXX-T MF2

OK well I went and got my truck today. I also got Pink Yellow and Orange springs. I am looking for a set up with pretty high traction on a almost clay compound. Please Let me know.. I am excited to put this thing together.. Any other suggestions or advise in assembling please let me know...
Old 05-03-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Default not impressed

WOW so far I am not impressed with the way things fit together on this truck There are flaws from the moding all over.. I have heard that losi is known for that but wow... Maybe I am just to used to my carpet car (007)
Old 05-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Such as?
Old 05-03-2007, 03:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default flaws

#1 The screw holes almost have to be redrilled to fit the screw thru to get to the treads

#2 on step A5 inserting the treaded inserts for the steering. I had to take a rubber malet to get them in far enough so the "kick plate" screws would attach to the chassis

#3 The A arms. there was about a 1/8th inch piece of extra casting I had to grind down....

SO far I dont mind I think its fun. but for the price one would think it would come with a little better machine work/ moldings
Old 05-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Amorris
#1 The screw holes almost have to be redrilled to fit the screw thru to get to the treads

#2 on step A5 inserting the treaded inserts for the steering. I had to take a rubber malet to get them in far enough so the "kick plate" screws would attach to the chassis

#3 The A arms. there was about a 1/8th inch piece of extra casting I had to grind down....

SO far I dont mind I think its fun. but for the price one would think it would come with a little better machine work/ moldings
The screw holes are smaller for a reason, offroad is bumpy therefore they will have a tendencie to come out easier. By making the holes smaller you have to use the supplied tapping screw for a tighter fit.

The other insert is tough as well, but its also necessary seeing how the entire front end relies on those 2 screws for flex on the top.

A arms, thats about normal, again offroad you see a lot more wear, so things arent of a tighter tolerance compared to onroad. Once you put it on the track all the tolerances go out the window for the most part.