R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 AM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default New to the forum

Hello all.

OG RC 10T signing in for the first post. Years back (1992) I bought a new RC10T, Hence the screen name, and was in to RC for a while. 15 years later a buddy of mine talked me in to taking my 100% orgional (electronics, motor and battery) 10T to the local track.

After having a great time and feeling like a dummy getting walked on by 8 year olds, I realized my prized 10T was a slow big fat dinosaur. I didnt want to use it again because I was afraid that I would break something and wouldnt be able to find the parts to fix it.

So I bought a new T4 team kit and a 19t motor. Its great and I like it but its not the 10T that I like so much.

Well was on the internet and I went a little overboard. 3 Days and Just over $450 later I bought every single aftermarket part possible, from tower, associated, RPM, Lundsford, locally and a couple of other vendors out there for the 10T and didnt cheap out on anythign.

I bought all new electronics, speed controler and servos, motor, A arms, bulk heads, turn bukles, ball studs, screws, body mounts, rims, tires, nuts and bolts rebuilt the shocks and the list goes on and on. I also found a new orgional new body. Score!!!!!

This weekend I will start pain stakingly (sp) rebuilding it from the ground up. The only, and I mean ONLY, orgional parts left on the truck is the frame, nose braces, shock bodies, and shock towers. I even put the RPM stealth regeared tranny, and CVD's on it. Not to mention every bearing that could be replaced was. I also bought a Modded 10 turn, 4 magnet motor, just for fun.

If I would have known that I could build this truck from scratch I would have never have bought the T4. I kind of regret buying it now, but I think the T4 will be my beater and track car and the 10T will be my vintage racer.

Thats the plan any ways, though it may change if the T4 is better for race days. We will see. I am just getting back into the sport and my knowledge for this stuff ended in 1994. UGH

I also bought a Revo 3.3 because I always wanted a nitro truck. That thing is wicked fast and fun. If I could only put it down to build the 10T things would be easier.

I will post pics when its finished. If anyone has any vintage 10T's post up I would like to hear about them.

-OG 10T
OG RC 10T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:14 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to MADMAN23
Wink

yea you can get any part for it... .. the t4 is a good racer.. so i wouldnt bash it... so have fun and welcome to rctech....
MADMAN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #3
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Where have you found parts for you 10T, I retired mine after a short run-in with a brushless motor...I completely wrecked the stealth tranny. But if you say you can get parts for it I may not be trash...Thanks
Alltapdout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
Tech Elite

For about $20 RPM makes a stealth tranny that is a direct replacement. It also changes the gear ratio to that of the T4. They have many of the other parts as well.

If you go to the associated site and down load the manual, write down the part numbers of the parts that you need, type them into the search on tower hobbies site and they will give you the tower part number for who ever sells that part.

I also looked on ebay and found that to be helpful.

Let me know if there is something specific that you need and I will try to help.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:54 PM   #5
Tech Elite

If you need all of the internal gearing you should be able to get it too. Worst case is that you buy a cheap 10T from ebay and part out the parts that you dont need.

I have to check my parts bin, I may have a stock Stealth in perfect working order if your interested.

Last edited by OG RC 10T; 05-06-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would have to look again, but I think I just tore up the three gears in the case... Diff gear, a idler and a metal one on top with the input shaft for the slipper..I think something came apart in there and just got tangled up...Kinda like throwing a monkey wrench in it. But that was it...Man that thing would pull some monster wheelies!!! I was loving to see the old beast moving again...
Thanks again for the info!!
Alltapdout is offline   Reply With Quote