R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-04-2007, 09:58 PM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenlife
i can adjust mine faster than a few of the losi guys at our track and oddly enough my AE has never popped a ball cup where i have turned marshaled and fixxed many losi...im not saying the losi is bad just applying same logic most use to rip on AE (in 90 or 91 the first losi buggy caused me to retire for 15 years lol never should have gotten rid of my ultima). record shows it (xxxt)probably has an advantage in stock but in modified what wins all the national events? mod nats was pretty good too if memory serves me correctly was an all AE affair at the podium. imho just depends on how much steering you like. if you like more steering get an AE want to slide get a losi both are legit

if you have never poped a ball cup,you just don't drive fast enough. i don't care who you are and what you drive, your just going to break once in while, these guys who say well i drive this and it has not broken in over a year. if you believe that, well i'm sorry but you are gullible. And this is not coming from a driver who breaks alot,i rarely do, but from a logical stand point.

And losi are not cars to slide around they have the most rear traction of any cars out there.

Wells Fargo Home Team

Last edited by theanimaleide; 05-04-2007 at 10:23 PM.
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 10:35 PM   #32
Tech Rookie

Default breaking parts

hey guys i have only been bashing with my trucks and broken a diff gear in each one . got a t4 yesterday and am worried it's going to break also. but that's the price you pay to play.and we play hard. i run mamba max with the 7700 and it is wicked fast on nimh bats, but on lipo it's insane.
BIG HANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 12:38 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanimaleide
if you have never poped a ball cup,you just don't drive fast enough. i don't care who you are and what you drive, your just going to break once in while, these guys who say well i drive this and it has not broken in over a year. if you believe that, well i'm sorry but you are gullible. And this is not coming from a driver who breaks alot,i rarely do, but from a logical stand point.

And losi are not cars to slide around they have the most rear traction of any cars out there.
i break before i pop lol im not fast enough with a 9x1 . your rear traction is probably quite true but how do you get a car that has a ton of rear traction to rotate in a corner? you gotta make it slide/brake some traction. slightly loose in a corner is better than "glued" particularly if its a sharp turn where you need to get back on the throttle asap if rear end isnt in the right direction yet you cant get on the throttle as early and if it is way too much rear traction it will be a bear to turn anyway.
22 SCT 2.0 Exotek Hobbywing 3.1 Stock Spec Fantom
Tekno 410SCT Hobbywing ProSC
mugenlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 09:02 AM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

yes ,but you don't have to slide them to get them to steer.

Wells Fargo Home Team
theanimaleide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 10:11 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Ive had my CR where the rear wants to pass the front end a lot of times, so Ive had to dial steering out.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:17 PM   #36
Tech Initiate

Default it doesnt matter

Well it doesnt matter. I got a LOSI MF2 but thanks for all the info. I drove the truck for the first time last night.. I kinda had it geared to high though and smoked my 19T Ohh well just turn it or stick in anotherone ... but It was great to drive I really like it so far.. It is kinda funny though. I am going to my first off road track tomorrow to race wish me luck... I thought it was just practice then my buddy was like nope its a club race... ohh well I have pretty good throttle control..
Mr.Amorris is offline   Reply With Quote