R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here is a better question - for those who switched (either way) - did it help your set up and driving skills?

I ask because I've noticed a lot of fast guys seem to be switch back and forth and get faster with each switch.
Ed237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #17
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to losi09

I did not go from losi to ae I whent from ae to losi. I have always liked losi cars, but I just mite go from losi to kyosho after seeing kysosho's RB5
losi09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:34 PM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I also go tto drive an RB5 and they are nice car too. But overall I liked the driveability of the Associated.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think both Losi and AE make fine products and I have both. My only complaint is that locally Losi parts are harder to find and they have different parts distribution. I wish Tower Hobbies carried Losi parts and the local hobby shops either carry no Losi parts, or much less than AE, whose parts tend to be very reasonably priced.
Iceracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Started many moons ago with the original RC10 buggy, went on to Losi with the JRX- Pro, then back to Associated 3 series a few years ago, now I'm back to Losi. There stuff right now just suits my briving style. Buy ya know, probably be back to Associated after the 4 series has been updated to 5 series...... and then of course back to losi, probably be the Z series by then. They are both really good companies that push each other to think outside the box. Each has there own issues, but either one wil get you to the winners circle with practice.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:44 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

yep i went from losi to ae. for my driving style they work good for me. well at least i feel more comfortable, but for club racing my results are the same. yet im not fighting the cars. both are good though. when i drove losi i knew less then i do now. might be different if i drove a losi now.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:11 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237
Here is a better question - for those who switched (either way) - did it help your set up and driving skills?

I ask because I've noticed a lot of fast guys seem to be switch back and forth and get faster with each switch.
when i switched from ae to losi, i did go faster. but then again it maybe beacause your driving has improved over time. its not just the car that makes u go faster. i feel i could switch back to ae and be just as fast

Last edited by myk505; 05-03-2007 at 05:10 AM.
myk505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 04:34 AM   #23
Tech Adept

I've switched back and forth the last couple of years. Each company had better base setup information when a new car came out so the cars seemed better. So my driving seemed to improve. Right now I have 5 cars BJ4WE, B4, T4, XXXCR, and XXXT cross breed. I can't tell a difference between the 2wd cars or the trucks with the setup I have in them. Cav's in the Associated and Robbers in the Losis all are great and my toughest decision is which cars to pack up to race.
plumslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:33 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Started with a Duratrax Evader st ( a B grade Losi) and a xx4. Running a B4 ft
And a BJ4 non worlds. Both brushless and lipo
Kings Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:33 AM   #25
Tech Apprentice

associated all the way!
K.Lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:29 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

It doesnt matter, both are good. Seriously these threads are a bit lame, as they always bring out the fan boys who will say "OMG NOZE AE IS THE BOMB"

"NO LOSI IS THE BESTEST EVAR"

Both win, both are fast. Pick one based on your LHS part selection.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed237

I went from AE to a BK2. It was a monster!! I could drive that thing soooo much harder than my B4. After some set-up help from Losi guys, it had more traction, more steering, and was way more planted than my B4.! SO MUCH forward bite out of the corners I ran into the backs of a lot of B4's for a while. The one issue I had a hard time with was the front arms. I spent over a hundred bucks in just about a month of owning the BK2. Silly things would litlerally break just landing the car flat off a single! With multiple fractures on one arm at any given time. still, it's a super aggressive car compared to a B4 IMO.

Larry
Old 05-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #28
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BillyCaldwell

happybean.. was it breaking where the shock mounted to the arm?
Old 05-14-2007, 03:28 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to D Hunt 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanimaleide
you mean to the darkside
Losi is the Darkside prick.
D Hunt 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 03:56 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCaldwell
happybean.. was it breaking where the shock mounted to the arm?
Billy, They were breaking EVERYWHERE. Litlerally. I broke one arm in 3 places one time!

Larry