R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 05-01-2007, 10:02 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default Rear swaybar for a xx4

I'm looking to try different feels on my xx4. I can see at the base of the rear shock tower ware one goes, but I can't seem to find one. Was there one made for it, or will one off another car fit?
Thanks

MBX7r, MBX7R Eco, 22-4 2.0
Dougg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:08 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

the car doesn't work well with them I have tryed. You can use the XXX sway bar kit if you want.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:19 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Go over to losibk2.com, check out Jesse Robbers (Losi team driver that runs the XX4) setup in his section in the forums, there's a lot of good info on the XX4, and there is an "ask Jesse" thread too, he's really helpful. You could try the forum on 4wdrc.com too but the response is a bit slower there. Lots of great info in the tech section though.
Eric Tomczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:19 AM   #4
Tech Regular

I just tried to view the site. I had to regester to view it. I tried, but it said the code was incorrect. Then it banned me. I did the code like it said. I guess I'll never know... I've been to the other site before. I'm starting to think someone is using my name out there. A couple of months ago I got an e-mail from e-bay telling me my account is suspended???? I don't have a e-bay account!! I've never set one up. I contacted them and told them about the problem. They e-mailed me back about the info, and would not comment on an investigation. So I guess I'll never get to buy anything from e-bay. O well, such as life.

MBX7r, MBX7R Eco, 22-4 2.0
Dougg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

bummer. Well, I've never ran a sway bar on mine, but that's only because I don't have one and don't know the part number. You can make one out of piano wire and stock hardware if you want, but you'll need to know what size wire.
Eric Tomczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Dougg, I have seen a few of the older Trinity swaybar kits lately. I have to agree with Eric, LosiBK2.com & 4wdrc.com are really good sources of information on the XX4.

Oh, and being an avid eBayer....the e mail you got was called "phishing", it is actually sent from someone other than ebay with a fake link hoping you will "log in" with your real ebay account (if you had one) onto their website, then they have your user/password and start wreaking havoc.

Ive never had to use the rear swaybar on my xx4, I think the car rotates well and turms smooth/sharp enough for any track I have set it on.
jk racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:25 PM   #7
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I too never ran a sway bar on my XX-4, I did pick up a Kinwald rear swaybar kit for it though. Never installed it. When I converted it to a X-5 I started to run one.
br93lx is offline   Reply With Quote