R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-24-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Duratrax Evader BX VS. RC10 B4 Stealth Team Kit

I have a Duratrax Evader BX buggy now, and I love to drive it, but everytime I do, something breaks. So far it has been the rear shock tower twice, the front shock tower, and the rear bulkhead. Is the Associated RC-10 B4 car much stronger? I dont want to invest in another car if this same stuff is gonna happen again as often. I dont race at all, i just use it for a little backyard action. I am concerned because I see a lot of injection molded parts on the RC-10, and not the super strong flat fiberglass/carbon fiber shock towers and such that I used to have on my older RC-10's. Is it worth the purchase? I have only had this car a week, and dont want to make the same mistake again!
patatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Get a monster truck. The things you are using it for don't suit a buggy. Buggies are for racing and not much else. You will have a better time with a truck.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 02:04 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to WheelNut

I agree davidka on this one, the B4 is quite strong but for bashing at least go with a T4 it will serve your purpose much better. Although if you are dead set on a buggy (they are my preference as well) I would definately say go for the B4, although the shock towers can break from time to time it is overall a very strong car. Well ok the front arms are pretty weak.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:41 AM   #4
Tech Rookie

I have a traxxas stampede, and an RC10-T3, I just dont like the trucks, this may sound funny, but i think they look ridiculous. I am more into stuff that looks close to scale, or something that you may actually see in real life. Plus I like driving the Duratrax buggy way more than the T3, so I am just hoping the B4 is the better solution to my buggy issues.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:51 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to fxpower2001
Default x

The answer is NO. You will brake any buggy driving like a mad man. Im driving the Evader 2 years now and iv broke only one front arm despite coming 3th in nationals and my cousin wining the junior class. So it depends on how you drive the car.
fxpower2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:52 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to fxpower2001

PS the asso its a great car better than a BX but it can brake to
fxpower2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 03:28 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

So the consensus is that the Associated car is not any stronger that the evader?