Wiki Posts
Search

4 WD tire question

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by jaejw1
ok i drive a mini.. but hear me out.. i modded the inside jobs for the front of my brushless vendetta ST with holeshots in the rear.. this alone gave me the right amount of traction and where i needed it.. the sidewalls on the insidejobs are a lil taller.. leaving the treads in the center only so if you are going down the straight and you hit that first turn it will prevent traction rolling. and the rear holeshots will keep everything balanced..
top view

side view

a 4wd losi car was at the same track and he was using inside jobs all around.. here is the video just look at the few clips where he cant get control

my video

he then later switched to holeshots in the REAR.. and noticed a HUGE difference .. more controllable

our track is hard packed aswell.. this was a fresh layout only a day old.. but he didnt make the switch until 3 days after this video and he was still havgin troubles with the inside jobs in rear.. that is why he switched to the holeshots..

cool thanks thats some knowledge im glad to have now

good work on the tires they look cool
Old 04-23-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Yea, I race at SoCal.

When ever people run 4wd there, they always use M3 Holeshots. Cavalieri, Numan, etc.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Joe Pillars
Yea, I race at SoCal.

When ever people run 4wd there, they always use M3 Holeshots. Cavalieri, Numan, etc.
next time your there and you see my lil mini on the track,come and introduce yourself,,, im looking for some fast guys to follow on the track,,,, and I dont like disturbing the pro guys
Old 04-23-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

dOES ANYONE FIND a huge difference between RED and SILVER compound?

i run both and honestly cant say i notice difference at all between either at the track.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaejw1
next time your there and you see my lil mini on the track,come and introduce yourself,,, im looking for some fast guys to follow on the track,,,, and I dont like disturbing the pro guys
Joe IS one of the "pro guys." hehe. But he's also pretty helpful, especially if you're asking about a Team Orion or Peak Performance motor.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:09 AM
Tech Master

then i probably do know who he is.. by face only.. oh well. even better..

if i can get some help with handlingthe track from a pro then thats even better..
Old 04-24-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the props!

Anytime you are at SoCal, all the Pro Drivers that pit in the back are all willing to help people out.

Red and Silver compound tires work better on different track surfaces. Tracks like Hot Rod and SRS that blue groove, Reds work the best on the rear and Silvers work best on the front. The Reds give you allot of traction and the Silvers help smooth out the steering. Tracks like Competition Hobbies we ran Silver tires front and rear with slicks.

Hope this helps,
JP
Old 04-24-2007, 08:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Michal101
Hi,

I have a 4 wd buggy (BJ4 WE) and I will be running mod on a hard packed outdoor track that has a little loose dirt on top and they water the track every so often. I would like to get your guys input on tire selection since most of the local racers are running nitro.

Thanks!
i also have a bj4we and race on a hard packed red clay outdoor track as well. i have found that holeshots seem to work the best. i use m3's rear most of the time. if i need more steering, i'll use an m3 holeshot in the front.....for less steering, i'll use a losi blockhead in silver (they never wear-out).

if the track grooves......red tapers....and depending on steering, either a red or silver taper in the front.

the basic rule of thumb is.........pro-line when it's wet.....losi when it's dry.
Old 04-29-2007, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin Boyle
Michal101

Have you ever been to Pit Stop Hobbies? Sounds like the same dirt. Hole Shots will work Losi tires will work it all depends on the track. What is the name of the track? I have hit one track in VA The tiltyard.

Drop me a line or a PM I wiil try and help you out.
[email protected]

Later
Kevin Boyle
Hey Guys,

I appreciate all of your input and I will try them out today and it also seems that this was a good topic since others had questions as well...

Kevin,
No, I have never raced at Pit Stop before and I am planning on running the off-road track in Gloucester VA called R/C Pro.

Thanks, Mike