R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-18-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Losi XXX Buggy vs. Associated B4!

Question guys,

Anyone notice a difference from the Losi buggy to the B4. Lots of racers I know were Losi guys, but now run B4's. Anyone have input on this.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i ran both cars. for me the losi was easier to drive when i was first racing. at that time the AE cars were to twitchy. but now i prefer the AE cars and that they have more than enough steering and i find myself using set-ups that take just a bit away from the steering like maybe 5% if that was possible to measure, but you know what i mean. where as i got to a point without doing some pretty ,somewhat odd, but normal things to the set-up i still didn't have the steering i wanted. so as i got better the AE cars are easier for me to drive faster now. and i can make a mistake and still make it up. but with a losi it was a perfect lap every lap or i was out of the top five quick. but thats just my experiences with them.

edit but i have not driven a cr buggy.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Oh boy, not again.

Keep this thread civil, please. Or it will disappear.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 PM   #4
Tech Legend

Even though I`m a die hard Ae driver....

I think.....

Not much difference between the two in performance.

They are both capable winner`s and very fast .....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I've noticed the same thing. 5 years ago, the local track was about 70% Losi and 30% AE. Nowadays, it's about 70% AE and 30% Losi. IMO, the B3 wasn't much of an improvement over the B2, but the B4 is almost perfect.

15 years ago, two friends bought Losis and asked me to put them together. I was very impressed with the buggies and thought they were easier to drive than my AE Team Car. From what I've heard from guys that have driven both the B4 and XXX, Losis are still easier to drive and more stabile, but they have less steering. I guess it just comes down to driving style and personal preference.
Leodis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

This less steering deal is funny. You can get a CR to steer EASILY! Plus you dont have to add 2 ounces of weight to make it drive correctly
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #7
Tech Champion

I have been a Losi guys for quite some time. I have driven a B4 and they do seem to have more steering, but I think they don't have the traction as do the Losi cars.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:41 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to K_King

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXCRRacer
I have been a Losi guys for quite some time. I have driven a B4 and they do seem to have more steering, but I think they don't have the traction as do the Losi cars.

Thats just physics there. In order to gain one you must lose another. Hence why people put weight in the back of the B4 to get forward traction.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:24 PM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NJA82

I remember years ago racing my B3 ( modified as far as money could take it ) it was set up really good and i cut some very consistant laps and times using it, raced it for over a year until Losi released the XXX buggy, bought that and left stock except Ti turnbuckles and hinge pins the XXX was about half a second a lap faster consistantly and was so much more stable and easier to drive, i found it had plenty of steering, you just have to play with the caster blocks and rear suspension to get it dialed in. Have owned nothing but Losi electrics after that, they just feel more stable and solid in the air and in the fast sections. I havent raced for quite some time but looking at the B4 and what people are doing with it these days seems to me that the market has just gone over AE`s way the last couple of years, seems to happen every few years in the hobby. Losi make some of the finest machines made, and so do AE, they are both equally potential winners and have platforms to go as fast as each other, all comes down to the driver and setup at the end of the day.
NJA82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:41 PM   #10
Tech Elite

but now what about the new kyosho car.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_King
This less steering deal is funny. You can get a CR to steer EASILY! Plus you dont have to add 2 ounces of weight to make it drive correctly

as i said i have not raced or driven the new xxx-cr car. and when i ran losi iwas an even worse driver then, but now im ok. but not super fast. i think both cars are great and will work for everyone. but everyone also has their own driving style. and for me right now the AE is more comfortable. and yes what about the Kyosho? it looks like a good car to me. glad to see another top notch racer in the mix for everyone. have fun and keep it on the wheels.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jake S Send a message via MSN to Jake S

i can't wait for kyosho's truck!
Old 04-20-2007, 05:10 AM   #13
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The B4 has'nt changed since 02 when it first came out, I've built 3-B4's since 02. Its real good car, drives on the edge of "out of control". My only gripe is that its inconsistant. One heat can be spot on, the next feels like your running slicks offroad. I was actually going to build another B4 for this upcomming season, but as Team AE has had a problem restocking, there are no factory B4's around, so Decided to try the XXXCR, I'm glad I did! It handles awesome! Plenty of traction, and yep, does seem easier to drive. I think this will suit my driving a little better, I'm more laid back and dont like feeling I have to be on the steering wheel all the time. Either way both are really good cars, just preferance now they have both been refined so much makes ya wonder what else can be done, if anything, to make them better.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:13 AM   #14
Tech Champion

Well it all depends on the track as well. Sometimes track surfaces change and the car won't feel the same.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:03 AM   #15
Tech Fanatic

some guys at my track have bought the kyosho car and the shop has a full line up of parts for it also. i can't wait to see how they go with guys running them , that haven't won world titles.