Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
buying new t4 what electronics are best??? >

buying new t4 what electronics are best???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

buying new t4 what electronics are best???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Default buying new t4 what electronics are best???

i need speed control only forward will race in small clubs
motors and batteries
receiver and radio controller
what are good buys in the upper range not nessaserily thr best
Old 04-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I really like my Spektrum Radio System
Old 04-16-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Novak GTX for speed control. its brushed motors only, but still great. Can get them from ebay for 80 bucks
Radio, nomadio react. I dont have 1 since i have a sensor. They are the fastest radio out there, and there features out weight every other brand
Motor and batteries.. This depends on what you race. But good 4200 match packs are probably best.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

esc, keyence,novak,ko vfs1 pro with programer,tekin,lrp, for brushed

novak for brushless

radio depends on how much $ you want to spend

motors and batteries my first choice in my sig below.

or any tuner/ matcher here is good
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)

you can pick up a m8 for around 125 or less and a novak gt7 for around 60 and for batts try promatch ep 4200 the ib cells are real hit or miss on there life span.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I love the LRP quantum and quantum 2 speedos. I've ran the novaks and liked them as well, but the quantum is just so small and doesn't need capacitors and it works excellent.

I like M8 radios b/c they are super easy to program and they are so adjustable. Plus they are pretty cheap used anymore. If you find one with spektrum even better, spektrum is very nice to have but not necessary.

Batteries depend on whether you're racing stock or mod. If you're racing stock then you need the absolute top to be competitive. If running modified then used 3800's will be plenty. If you're just starting out then buy the batteries you can afford and upgrade later as your skills improve whether racing stock or mod.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (93%+)

For Club Racing....

Spektrum DX2.0 DSM 2CH Pistol w/1-Z270 SX & 1-Z590M SX (Use the Z590) $169.99

Trinity Co27 Stock Pro $34.99

Novak GTS Pro Sport ESC $85.99

SMC IB 4200 6 Cell Pack Built Side by Side $52.99 (x3)

Good charger is important...but for club level...

Integy INDI 16x4 Pro AC/DC Charger, 1-15C $117.99

All prices are new, but i bet if you look around the forums you can easily spend $100-$200 less on all this stuff...
Old 04-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Hey here is some options

one thing to keep in mind alot of people are going to spektrum where you need no crystals and just dial in your frequency. Check to see if that is the case at your track if so. Then you can get a radio with reciever that needs crystals and just get few different crystals. If they are running spectrum then and you run into a frequency conflict they can always change theres with just a dial change and you are always in the clear. Also for batteries check the ads on here as I got 5 packs of 4200's from a guy on here for $125.00 with shipping and they where hardly used at all with great numbers. Also for speed controls. The best thing I can say is decide on what the max motor limit you want to go with then narrow down your choices for a speed control based on your motor limit. Also some of the older tekin and novak speed controls should work fine and you can get reasonable online from this forum and other auction type sites. Also on the motor I would check with the local racers to see what they are running. They may even have some motors for you to try or buy etc.

Here is a list of some radio's I recomend
ko propo radio's you can find them reasonable on here used and they use the smallest reciever out of any radio out there that isn't spectrum.
airtronics m8 or mx3 or the mx3 synthasized version
futaba has nice radio's you can get a used 3 pdf fairly cheap and it is a good choice.
or spektrum version 2 or 3.

But just make sure you get a radio that you like the feel of and can understand to program etc..