R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   IB 4200 or High energy 4500 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/158721-ib-4200-high-energy-4500-a.html)

shawn17 04-12-2007 08:55 PM

IB 4200 or High energy 4500

I can either get a IB 4200 or High energy 4500, the high energy are a little better on price but I know that IB cells are good witch one should I get?

yeaklet4 04-12-2007 11:59 PM

go to promatch and get ep4200 the ib cells are very good but have a high rate of going bad.

shawn17 04-13-2007 01:13 AM

What is promatch's web site I looked under promatch.com and got nothing

Jake S 04-13-2007 01:38 AM

promatchracing.com, currently i have 6 packs of promatch's ib cells (3 wcib4200s 1 shv ib4200, 2 ib3800s) i have only had 1 cell go bad the whole time i have had these batteries, and promatch being the great company they are, they sent a replacement cell that exactly matched what my needs where on the numbers (voltage, ir, runtime)

if planning on racing you can't go wrong with either promatch's EP or IB packs....but if your planning on "bashing" or periodically going to club races i would suggest getting the EPs as they don't take as much care as the IBs require....even though i would suggest still taking the same extreme care on any battery you get....

i currently use an lrp pulsar to charge all my batteries, and a novak smart tray to balance the cells out before a charge.

my process is much like that of many local racers. the night before a race day i get my packs out, and put alittle charge in them (180 seconds @ 6.0amps) and let them set on the smart tray till all the lights are out (.9v cutoff) then i put a decent charge into the packs (300 seconds @ 6.0amps) and put them back in my battery case. race day rolls around, and i take my pack out i need for racing or practice and i discharge the pack at 10amps with a 5.6v cutoff for the pack (yes i know .9v /cell is 5.4v) then the pack goes on the smart tray till the .9v cutoff is reached per cell. then i allow the pack to cool for 5-10 minutes (if the pack is warm to the touch), followed by charging the pack with a 6amp charge rate and 5mv delta peak. wait for the pack to peak then toss it in the car (trying to time so the pack peaks 2-3 minutes before my race) after the race i just toss my packs back in my case to wait for the night before a race again.

MaTt 93 04-13-2007 03:53 AM

Go to
http://www.harrisrc.com/shop.htm These will be the best cells you will ever buy.

yeaklet4 04-13-2007 12:38 PM

that shipping would be very high

20 SMOKE 04-13-2007 05:31 PM

IP4200 for a great price

Jake S 04-13-2007 05:40 PM

http://promatchracing.com/products.php?cat=5

promatch ib4200s assembled for $63, and this coming from a person that isn't a driver for them(like above..lol)

MaTt 93 04-13-2007 05:56 PM

I don't drive for them. I just love these cells because all my other cells died after 6 mouths.

Jake S 04-13-2007 06:32 PM

....wow defensive, ur not the only one who posted above....i don't doubt their quality, just stating i like promatch cells, i have used these cells with great results, and their customer care is great

yeaklet4 04-13-2007 08:06 PM

yes plus thete are in the usa no over in bfe

Bigedmond 04-13-2007 08:45 PM

Slingshot batteries all the way

Eggyolkeo 04-13-2007 09:03 PM

I love how everyone says the brand they recommend (usually the ones they bought) are THE BEST! Like no one else comes close.

Guess what, the cells all come from the same place guys! Sure there are differences in matching techniques, but so long as each matcher's technique remains consistent, then you should be able to get good packs from anyone.

Make sure you're comparing apples with apples when you look at the figures, but other than that why wouldn't you go with the cheapest option? Maybe don't go for an unknown, but as long as you've heard of them I'd go for price.

Works for me!

MaTt 93 04-13-2007 09:29 PM

Are lrp cells good :confused: :confused:

Jake S 04-13-2007 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Eggyolkeo
I love how everyone says the brand they recommend (usually the ones they bought) are THE BEST! Like no one else comes close.

Guess what, the cells all come from the same place guys! Sure there are differences in matching techniques, but so long as each matcher's technique remains consistent, then you should be able to get good packs from anyone.

Make sure you're comparing apples with apples when you look at the figures, but other than that why wouldn't you go with the cheapest option? Maybe don't go for an unknown, but as long as you've heard of them I'd go for price.

Works for me!

yes cells are cells, but the cheapest option isn't always best, i look at customer service for what i choose...which is why i run novak over lrp (notice a recent increase in the "lrp sucks" threads on these forums), customer service leads me to choose what i run, not if the price is $3 cheaper....