Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec compatible with Spektrum??

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:12 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default Hitec compatible with Spektrum??

Im running into some probs, which has me curious if Hitec servos (645's) are compatible with my spektrum Dx2 system. Anyone know?

When I plug everything in, its like everything locked up. The throttle wont move, or the steering, and if I try to move it with my hands, its locked.. Both of them... I just sent the reciever in (a S3000) in to get the wire soldered back in the reciever (The whole spektrum setup is brand new. When I bought it, the antenna wire was laying next to the reciever), so the guy said it was updated and ready to roll. I tried different batteries, and bypassed a switched (thought them might be the problem) but still having the same issues.. Anyone have any guesses whats up? Only thing I can think of is either theres something wrong with the controller, or Spektrum isnt compatible with the servos. It has me scratchin my head..
Old 04-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It sounds like a receiver issue. Are you getting power to the receiver when you plug the battery in?
Old 04-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Suspended

yeah it powers up. Spektrum just had the reciever. (I just got it back yesterday). When I bought the Dx2 setup, for some reason the antenna wire was laying next to the reciever so they soldered it back in, and did some updates on it.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No, it works fine.
I just installed a 645 in my sons stadium truck, he uses spektrum.
Works fine.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Suspended

what the heck? Then I have no clue what the hells going on.. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 04-07-2007, 09:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

make shure that ur system is binded properly and see if it works with another servo it sounds like ur system isnt binded
Old 04-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1, set all of your EPAS (if possible on DX2) and then rebind the spektrum system, I run all hitec servos, and have 0 issues. IF that doesn't work, take all the subtrims to neutral, unhook your servo horns, bind the system, then reattach your horns so that everything is centered.
HTH
Rod
Old 04-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Suspended

Ok I got it unbinded, and nothing. BUT when I plug in my Spektrum servo's, it works fine, but as soon as I plug the hitec servo(s) in, it makes a whining noise and nothing. I took off the servo horns, thinking maybe there was a bind on there and still nothing... Both the servos are Hitec HS625 servos.. I have NO fricken clue. Ive tried plugging them in every way possible, and nothing.. Again, anyone have any ideas??
Old 04-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

These may sound dumb, but check EVERYTHING

Make sure

- Servos not bound when turned by hand. I actually oil mine every couple weeks.
- Transmitter batteries are fresh (I have to use 1.5V dry cells or 10 cell pack to keep transmitter batteries high enough for Dx2 - I typically need 11.5V or more to be safe).
- Servo wires are not loose on connector (make sure they are making proper contact)
- Verify servo wires red black white in proper locations
- Make sure servo connector or any other connector is not shorting against any other pins (e.g. wire side back to back they can short)
- Make sure the receiver light does not go out (means the system is loosing connectivity - for some reason my system does this in the basement (not at the track)
- Make sure battery is fully charged (servos pull a fair amount of current)

Actually my best guess is a wiring/servo connector problem of some sort. Let us know what you find out.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

try ur servos with a fm remote and receiver and see if it works and if it does i would send ur dx back 4 repairs
Old 04-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Are you putting the servos plugs in correctly?

Have you tested the servos with another radio / receiver?