R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 06-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #121
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

A lot of people have thought ROAR has made some bad moves and decisions in the past several years. I just wanted to point out that the ROAR Race Management Team (RMT) was, for me, a huge stride in the right direction. Hopefully the momentum from this awesome event will carry forward. R/C in the USA needs ROAR to be right and they seem to be on there way now.

Just my .02
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #122
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to beeanner Send a message via Yahoo to beeanner

Dawn,

I had a question about promotional type items usually given to racers when they enter the race. IE: t-shirt, pit towel, something.......

Why didnt racers at this years nats receive something of this nature? I know lots of people who spent lots of money on entrys and such to attend and would have appreciated something like that. Ive attended lots of races and usually would receive a "care pack" for my entrys, but at this race we got nothing. Its always nice to take something home to say "hey, look where i went", and racers always love free stuff.........

ROAR did a much better job at this years race then in years past. And ARCOR has a great facility. Great race, had alot of fun. Just though i would ask my one simple question.
beeanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:01 PM   #123
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Dawn Sanchez

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeanner View Post
Why didnt racers at this years nats receive something of this nature? I know lots of people who spent lots of money on entrys and such to attend and would have appreciated something like that. Ive attended lots of races and usually would receive a "care pack" for my entrys, but at this race we got nothing. Its always nice to take something home to say "hey, look where i went", and racers always love free stuff.........

ROAR did a much better job at this years race then in years past. And ARCOR has a great facility. Great race, had alot of fun. Just though i would ask my one simple question.
Beanner - as to why the club didn't do tshirts... I don't know. Promotional items in the RMT guidelines this year are the host tracks responsibility as they gather sponsors for their use for improvements or whatever. ROAR provides everything from staffing, equipment, computers and trophies.

As for give aways... the club did have several and had tickets for people to fill out their names in tech for drawings and several kits were given away along with items donated by MFG's.

I can say though... I am very sure you guys got your money's worth at this one... LOL
Dawn Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:07 PM   #124
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
I can say though... I am very sure you guys got your money's worth at this one... LOL
for spending over 1500.00 to attend and have the worst on track racing week of my life due to crap blowing up and going wrong, i can honestly say no i didnt get my moneys worth...........
Old 06-19-2007, 01:20 PM   #125
TLRacing

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
for spending over 1500.00 to attend and have the worst on track racing week of my life due to crap blowing up and going wrong, i can honestly say no i didnt get my moneys worth...........
That is neither ROAR nor ARCOR's fault. Bad weekends happen. When A-Rod goes 0-5, he doesn't blame Yankee's Stadium and MLB....
Frank Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #126
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat View Post
That is neither ROAR nor ARCOR's fault. Bad weekends happen. When A-Rod goes 0-5, he doesn't blame Yankee's Stadium and MLB....
I didnt blame ROAR or ARCOR for my bad week anywhere in my statement did I?
I actually had a great time and totaly enjoyed myself and thought ROAR and ARCOR put on a great race.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:27 PM   #127
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

And you didn't saw the car off
Old 06-19-2007, 02:01 PM   #128
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripthreat View Post
you said it.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #129
Tech Elite

Quote:
Its ok.... I didn't take that badly..

It never blew out... heck, how could asphalt with jumps blow out.. LOL

Thanks for all the kind words about ARCOR and ROAR though guys..... sincerely appreciate your acknowledgment of hard work gone RIGHT!
Old 06-19-2007, 02:45 PM   #130
Tech Master

Dawn
Hats off to you and the entire ROAR crew for a great and very organized racing event. This was my first ROAR race and first Nats that will not be my last. I have always been reluctant to join ROAR, but after you guys are looking at li-pos and brushless as the future of electric racing, you have won my over to be ROAR member for a very long time!

Good to meet you and Sean this weekend too!!!! See you in Charlotte in August!!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:31 PM   #131
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
Dawn
Hats off to you and the entire ROAR crew for a great and very organized racing event. This was my first ROAR race and first Nats that will not be my last. I have always been reluctant to join ROAR, but after you guys are looking at li-pos and brushless as the future of electric racing, you have won my over to be ROAR member for a very long time!

Good to meet you and Sean this weekend too!!!! See you in Charlotte in August!!!!

Thanks Tim... it was great meeting you as well!! And, you were the shoo-in for the Lipo class... what happened...

And.... did you notice how it was arranged for your easy access to food for the week? LOL

I hope you had a safe trip home..
Old 06-19-2007, 05:59 PM   #132
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craps View Post
10,000 mahs of battery....WOW!!!

more Pro's would have ran the class if more than 1 month's notice had been given about the race!!!
Are you kidding me
chrlie sidebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:54 AM   #133
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had an awesome time in New Mexico. The ROAR Race Management Team and ARCOR staff/locals couldn't have been any nicer! It was great to see everyone from the West again and also to meet some new racers as well. We hope to race at ARCOR again soon!!
dakotah97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:09 AM   #134
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez View Post
did you notice how it was arranged for your easy access to food for the week? LOL
Thanks for putting the concessions right beside my pit everyday.....very convienent!!!!!
Craps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #135
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotah97 View Post
Had an awesome time in New Mexico. The ROAR Race Management Team and ARCOR staff/locals couldn't have been any nicer! It was great to see everyone from the West again and also to meet some new racers as well. We hope to race at ARCOR again soon!!
Nancy, Doug and Dakotah..... was AWESOME seeing you guys again!! And, Dakotah.... he's the REAL DEAL!! I can't wait for Cactus next year to see how Dakotah has grown with more racing skills. Sean might be going to the Shootout... hope we see you then..... (if I go, I'll fly out on Friday...)

Dawn