R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Talking

definitely the traxxas stampede !!! barnone , hands down fersure the stampede !!!!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:31 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

Default Went with the e-maxx

Well guys, I REALLY appreciated all of the advice. I ended up going with the E-MAXX - I found someone locally who let me have it for less than the stampede @ towerhobbies, so I just couldn't resist. I'm blown away by the car.

It did come with a "DuraTrax Piranha AC/DC Peak Power Charger" and a set of NiMH batteries. Tower says you can't use that charger w/NiMH... anyone know why? Peak detection? Cheaper chargers just have timers - if I set a timer so that I don't overcharge the cell is there any problem with using it?
arrkerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:40 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's cool...

I was going to chime in and recomend the new Stampede , Wheelie King or an Emaxx

If you ever want to make the Emaxx more fun...(for a few $$) just ask
glassdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #19
Tech Addict

i think you made a good choice with the E-Maxx.

welcome to the hobby and have fun with the e-maxx.
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

NiMH and NiCD charge differently. You will ruin a battery by charging the wrong type of battery with a charger that does not support it. Good luck and have fun!
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:35 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

FWIW, you may get very lucky like I did :P
A former boss of mine rents out a spot at a local CG for the summer. He has invited me up there numerous times. Of course I brought my RCs one time. My friend (who also works for this guy) "The Boss" , and I all have several among us. So one day, the three of us break out our stuff in an open field that is there. I am running my MGT and buggy, Boss has a HellFire and a SWK Mayhem, and my friend has a Revo. With all this kaos going on, naturally we got spectators.So now a bunch of kids start showing up and it turns out they also have their RCs with them. So here we all are in this open field...maybe a dozen or so. Then, the owner of the CG pulls up in his SUV. Uh oh...people are probably complaining, right? WRONG!...he opens the back of his SUV and pulls out a highly modded Savvy with an O.S .30!!! Fast forward a few weeks, and now we have an actual track set up there. Also, once a month or so, we get together and hold informal competitions. Simple one lap races, who can turn the most laps in a given time, etc...and my favorite, lol. We did this one that was a parent/child competition. The child drove, but was blindfolded and the parent told them which way to turn, gas, brake, etc. Talk about mass confusion. All in all though, it was a great time and I look forward to more excitement this coming summer
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:24 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
FWIW, you may get very lucky like I did :P
A former boss of mine rents out a spot at a local CG for the summer. He has invited me up there numerous times. Of course I brought my RCs one time. My friend (who also works for this guy) "The Boss" , and I all have several among us. So one day, the three of us break out our stuff in an open field that is there. I am running my MGT and buggy, Boss has a HellFire and a SWK Mayhem, and my friend has a Revo. With all this kaos going on, naturally we got spectators.So now a bunch of kids start showing up and it turns out they also have their RCs with them. So here we all are in this open field...maybe a dozen or so. Then, the owner of the CG pulls up in his SUV. Uh oh...people are probably complaining, right? WRONG!...he opens the back of his SUV and pulls out a highly modded Savvy with an O.S .30!!! Fast forward a few weeks, and now we have an actual track set up there. Also, once a month or so, we get together and hold informal competitions. Simple one lap races, who can turn the most laps in a given time, etc...and my favorite, lol. We did this one that was a parent/child competition. The child drove, but was blindfolded and the parent told them which way to turn, gas, brake, etc. Talk about mass confusion. All in all though, it was a great time and I look forward to more excitement this coming summer
sounds great! wish i went to campsites liek that...