R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Old 04-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to customride
Default Firestorm is here!

If you saw my first post you know that I ordered an HPI firestorm last week well its finially here and I must say I am soo happy with it. I havent been able to fire it up yet becuase my glowplug heater is still charging but I cant wait to get through engine break in and really try this thing out!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yeah i want one too... i might just have to settle with a rush evo though. (i have basically no money)
Old 04-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
Tech Regular

well first day of running after a quick break in it is running great! not nearly as hard to set up as my friends car was. I am very impressed!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
Tech Initiate

Default Firestorm

I've got one also and love it. After break in I have run the heck out of it on the track and it handles great and has plenty of power. No disappointments here......
rdt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Default I got firestorm 2

I have a firestorm to but it's not run in properly yet as I'm just a new beginner to the nitro scene it's had one tank with wheeles off the ground and another in an over shape as the book and dvd described.

any tips or advice would be grate
thank's
neil
firestorm1967uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:10 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by firestorm1967uk
I have a firestorm to but it's not run in properly yet as I'm just a new beginner to the nitro scene it's had one tank with wheeles off the ground and another in an over shape as the book and dvd described.

any tips or advice would be grate
thank's
neil

you got a dvd with yours?!
Old 04-26-2007, 11:14 PM   #7
Tech Apprentice

From what I've just read, the firestorm would be a great truck to set up for racing offroad. Thinking about getting one in a month or so.
Whitexxxnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 01:34 AM   #8
Tech Rookie

Angry breaking in a fire storm is a bugger

Hi my firestorm is a bugger had it running 1st tank like the book said with wheels off the ground the seconed tank at half throttle in a oval shape then the thing wouldn't start. I managed to get it started with doing what the model shop showed me by putting some nitro in the carb then after a few attempts I just pulled the rip cord a numerouse times and it started ran for a minute or two then cut out did that a few times then I got sick and well it got put back in it's box.

and I've been trying to get it started and run in for a few weeks now

Neil

HELP rather SICK
firestorm1967uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:30 AM   #9
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Did you try new a new glow plug? Did the hobby shop try a new glow plug? If so, make sure the air filter is clean/ pull the carb. neck off to make sure there are no obstructions/ set the needles to the stock settings and try again/ see if there is fuel leaking from anywhere around the moter and exhaust header. If fuel is leaking, it's probably and air leak. I always try a new plug first. If things aren't running correctly I won't run until I find something. There is more you could try but start with these and see how you do.
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #10
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Oh, I forgot to ask if you tried leaning the low/high speed needles at all? If the motor is putting out a ton of smoke it might be a little too rich.
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:01 PM   #11
Tech Regular

My firestorm runs great... try starting it with the truck turned off and the wheels off the ground and open the throtle to about half once it is running turn the truck on
Old 04-27-2007, 06:45 PM   #12
Tech Rookie

I just bought two Firestorms (one for each of my boys) last Monday, one had a major mishap, the controller malfunctioned and the truck took off and smoked a curb at full speed. That one is on its way back to HPI.

The other one runs great, had to do some adjusting rather the pro at the hobby shop did as I have no clue what I am doing. First trucks for me, but so far I love the truck. Runs hard, handles really well, suspension always trying to keep wheels on the ground. It literally rocked my buddy and his kids Team Assoc. RC10GT2RS out of the hole, wasnt even close.

All that being said, it sounds to me that you are having the same problem I was having, in that it is running too rich. The guy at the hobby shop should have been able to fix this when you had it in. I am no where near experienced enough to tell you how to fix it, so I would venture back to the shop and ask them to set it up. Mine did free of charge while showing me how to do it and what to look and listen for.

Overall so far I think they are awesome trucks and cant wait to hit the track. Good Luck.
rcnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #13
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (96%+)

I would look over all the tubing too. Make sure that there aren't any leaks in it. Pull the glow plug out and pop it in your glo plug igniter to see if it glows, if it still glows then it is fine. Set the engines needles to factory settings. If it won't start as is then tighten them down like 1/12th of a turn, like one tick of a clock, that should get it going. If that doesn't then ask the lhs to help you out.
party_wagon is offline   Reply With Quote