R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   where to find an original XXX? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/157078-where-find-original-xxx.html)

Lonestar 04-02-2007 05:13 AM

where to find an original XXX?

Can you guys please tip me on which store would have an original Losi XXX in store? I'm talking the first or so batch of cars... no need for graphite, new wing, nothing, just an inexpensive xxx... i had one in 2000 and still have parts for it, I sold the car but kept the parts, and i'd like to build one again today as a basher. Can anyone PM me to advise a shop that would do mail order and ship overseas? Thanks a lot ! Paul

fhm555 04-02-2007 07:19 AM

Give me a little time and I'll have a brand new one to get rid of. It's built, but it's never been run. I built it for my wife to run in a ladies class that never got off the ground so it just sat for a while, then I took it to a friend's hobby shop when it first opened for him to use as a display piece. I've been trying to get it back for some time now and we keep missing each other, but he is holding a race at his place next weekend and I'll be getting someone to pick it up for me. It's your basic xxx buggy with a few hopups, a new LRP V7.1 esc, a new hitec 645mg servo, a new stock motor (sorry I don't remember which brand), and a new airtronics 3 channel micro receiver. The only power ever put to this car was to set up the esc and servo epa's when it was built.

I've also got a big assed box full of xxx tires and wheels if you are interested.

Lonestar 04-03-2007 02:05 AM

Sent you PM - thanks :)

Anyone on an old, unbuilt kit gathering some dust on an old mom'n'pop LHS shelves? ;)

Paul

fhm555 04-03-2007 12:40 PM

....YGM....

TexRacer 04-03-2007 10:11 PM

Paul,
They would still want $189.99 or so for it.
$169.99 at the lowest.

les

Fatman Photos 04-07-2007 07:43 PM

Look around on EBAY, you might be able to find one for less than $100

BuggyKing 04-07-2007 09:52 PM

I race one. :nod:

fhm555 04-10-2007 07:16 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Well, I got my buggy back, here's the pics. It wound up getting run for a battery pack by a guy who was interested in buying it, but as you can see it's still plenty nice. I pulled all the electronics and dusted it off, and it's missing the battery strap and both wing mount washers, but otherwise it's all there including the servo mounts and servo horn for a hitec 645mg servo. Hopups include a trinity lightened top shaft and slipper, Losi threaded shock bodies, gold shock shafts, BK front axle and blue hex set, and machined aluminum motor plate, lunsford turnbuckles and hinge pins, a full set of boca green seal bearings, and a full set of 316 stainless hardware with the exception of the upper shock bolts. All the yellow stuff is Losi except the lower spring retainers which are RPM.

fhm555 04-10-2007 07:21 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More pics. When I took it to the shop it had a set of white wheels with the kit tires on them, but they weren't glued so I'm sure they swapped them out for the yellow glued set so the guy could test drive it.

fhm555 04-10-2007 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by TexRacer
Paul,
They would still want $189.99 or so for it.
$169.99 at the lowest.

les

I'm sure. The first xxx kit I bought cost me $122, the last one cost me $169.

For not much more you can get a CR and from what I've heard, it's supposed to be even tougher than the old stiffzel cars. I've been quoted as low as $190.00 for a CR, I just wish there was enough interest in 10th electric buggy around here to justify buying one.